Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Novachrome Deep Impact 20" x 15" Heat press problem ..
    By Volusian in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-07-2015, 09:54 PM
  2. Black printing "faint" - coming out brown when pressed
    By Pea in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-06-2015, 08:14 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 12:27 AM
  4. Sold George Knight DK20S Swing Heat Press 16" x 20" Size
    By Fidget242 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-04-2014, 01:52 PM
  5. Quick mug printing "survey"...
    By VSW in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 16-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Printing" on to wood

I was hoping for some advice please with regards to putting images onto wood (colour rather than engraving).
    We've had a demo from The Magic Touch with their special papers which use a toner printer and heat press to do so.
    Is this the best route to go for being able to put lasting images onto various different surfaces rather than standard sublimation or is there other ways and means?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    UV is a fantastic option but not cheap by any means! if you have the market I'd be seriously looking at this....and am.

What are you looking to print? Photographic quality, words etc?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if it's the same as the magic touch paper but I saw some good results using tattoo paper. I don't have a link but if you Google "tattoo paper onto wood" it should bring up a few things for you. I hope it helps.

If you do find another way then please share it with us, I would be interested in this as it's quite a creative media to use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I am aware of a company coming to market with wooden products that have a clear sublimation coating. I have tested samples and whilst the products themselves need a little work the process should prove to be very good.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

Maidiniceland (09-04-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Chromaluxe have wood panels and European company I was looking at last night do a laminate.

http://www.thetransferpress.co.uk/ch...mm-c2x17720576

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    UV is a fantastic option but not cheap by any means! if you have the market I'd be seriously looking at this....and am.

What are you looking to print? Photographic quality, words etc?
    We already do a lot with wood as we have a laser for engraving into wood, lots of ways I think we can go with adding colour onto wood.
    We are wanting to be able to do it on any wood rather than being limited to specially coated wood which is why we had been looking at the special papers offered by TMT. UV printing looks great, but like you say the price isn't cheap, thanks for pointing me in the right direction of this option! The LEF-12 looks like an introductory sized machine, do you have any other suggestions you've been eyeing up?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Magic Touch CMP paper will stick to wood, and just about anything .... if you can get it under your press.
    looks good, but you should/must trim it tight or you will see a polimer 'window'
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logobear View Post
    Magic Touch CMP paper will stick to wood, and just about anything .... if you can get it under your press.
    looks good, but you should/must trim it tight or you will see a polimer 'window'
    Thanks for the reply. Do you have insight on how long lasting it is, we've seen it up close when recently applied but obviously that doesn't help with what it will be like a few years down the line? Is it quite robust once applied?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logobear View Post
    What printer are you using with the CPM paper? The printer TMT are suggesting costs £2400 and you get use of their software if you buy it through them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CPM will go through the oki c610 which is under £300
    it's CMYK - which is fine for most situations
    The £2000 plus vat printer is the oki 711w which is CMTwhite - it has a white toner - but no black
    it is impractical as an everyday printer, - as the only way to print black is to do 100% CMY - which is expensive, and a bit thick on toner too.
    BUT - the white does alow you to do some special situations, and tricks using some of their (&others) papers that open new doors.
    I suggest learn stuff on a c610 well before thinking of the 711w - it's a bit of a head F*** getting your head round some advanced application proceedures, - and will probably p*** you off before you master the tricks.
    CPM will probably go through many other laser printers (especially older ones with polimer toner instead of wax) - its been about for ages, - but magic touch can only test and approve a few modern ones. You do need to be able to specify HEAVY paperweight to slow the machine down do the fuser can do its thing properly.
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK