Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Bad transfer, teflon blanket marks on mug, sticky paper, tape marks
    By ernestomac in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-05-2015, 11:23 AM
  2. Printing onto Subli Flock.
    By Earl Smith in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22-09-2012, 09:24 AM
  3. Craft Robo cc330 and Subli Flock and registration marks
    By Mugdesigns4u in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 09:20 AM
  4. A3 Subli Printing required.
    By Titan Print Studio in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 03:39 PM
  5. Subli soft & subli t t-shirts
    By swimwivsquid in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-01-2011, 06:59 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subli t - platen marks remain after printing.

Hey everyone.

I'm new to all this so sorry if its ground you have covered before.

I have a Ricoh GX 7000 printer and a 15" x 20" heat press which i bought from Xpres. I also use their sub paper too.

I am starting out offering various types of t - shirt printing (amongst other things ) and would love to be able to offer printing onto sub t-shirts. The thing is although i have the equipment i am stuggling to get results i like, so as a result i don't feel confident in offering this printing method to my customers.

The images themselves are acceptable but each time i press i am left with the footprint of the top platen on the shirt surface. I initially thought it would disappear but this is not the case. I have also tried reducing the pressure, to the extent where it is minimal but i am still getting the same results.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks Dave

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Subli t - platen marks remain after printing.

I always get the same when doing clothing, don't worry it will dissapear in the first wash, or you could iron the item to minimize marking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the response.

I'm afraid i have already tried this.Because the marks didnt disappear i tried washing the shirts a couple of times but the marks are still there. I haven't tried ironing though.

i did read somewhere that you can buy some foam that you insert into the shirt underneath the transfer you are pressing and this might reduce this. As anyone heard or used this method?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

The first thing I would suggest is reducing the pressure - with subli printing all you need is a firm and constant contact between transfer and shirt, it's not like standard transfer printing.

You will also find that putting another t-shirt on the base of the press will help to even out the pressure.

The "foam" you mention, which is much used in the US, is basically a piece of mousemat material, although there are various rubber pads which you can buy which will have the same effect.

The other option, which one of our largest customers uses for this type of shirt, is a garment steamer which is fairly effective though quite time consuming.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I tried everything to get rid of these marks, trawling the net for solutions years ago, came to the conclusion (and advice from Xpres) that these were to be expected and were offset by being able to offer such a good photo quality print easily.

I tried lifting the edges, different pressures, the list goes on. One supplier even suggested sanding (yes, sanding) the edges of the paper to make them thinner!

I wasn't happy supplying shirts with these obvious lines so stopped doing tee's completely.

Recently re-visited printing dye sub tee's and used the Vapour garments for the first time. Massive difference in the visibility of the line as the garment is thinner (and nicer) so I'm starting to print them again :D
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do both Xpres & Vapor and although I can see the press marks I have never yet had a customer comment on them.

One thing to do is pulll the garment both ways when you take it off the press

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the responses.

I have only used the Xpres ones up to now. Where do you guys get the Vapour ones from?

I feel a little better knowing that i'm not the only person who as experienced this problem and it gives me hope that i can get to a point where i am happy to offer this to my customers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vapor shirts from http://www.thetransferpress.co.uk/

TransferGraeme who posted above is the owner :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We also have a vapour style t-shirts and these are available in pastel blue and light olive..
    http://www.printerowners.co.uk/subli...on-tshirts.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again Thanks.

Is that the same Graeme that does the plastisol transfers from Artbrands etc.

If so then thats good. I am looking at getting some of the transfers in the near future.

I'll let you know how i get on. Might be a while but i will make a point of updating here.
    :)