Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Print & Cut Machines
    By taz8130 in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-01-2017, 01:06 PM
  2. is there much difference in machines?
    By logobear in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-01-2017, 05:57 PM
  3. Franking Machines who use?
    By JMugs in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 23-10-2016, 11:13 PM
  4. 3D Machines on Fleebay
    By Inset in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2016, 03:32 PM
  5. 3D machines and their uses
    By socialgiraffe in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 16-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

UV LED Printing Machines

I'm hoping to get input into this thread from members already owning/looking to buy a UV machine as I'm looking towards buying/leasing in the not too distant future.

Options at this point and open for discussions are as below:

Roland VersaUV LEF-300
    Mimaki UJV
    MVP UV 1024 (Resolute)
    Compress iUV-600s

I appreciate there are obvious differences between all machines, platen sizes, kebab/cylindrical options, primer, varnish and so on but would like to find the pros and cons for all machines.
    Last edited by Justin; 26-03-2017 at 07:01 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will have more of an idea after S&D this week (are you going?)

At the moment I am thinking the Resolute, cheaper machine and no primer (uses different inks) and a wee bit more versatile in my opinion.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I was hoping to come down again but alas it isn't to be. I do like the look of the Resolute but can't help feeling it's the 'cheaper' cousin in terms of build quality. Very difficult to make comparisons. I'd be looking to visit each supplier and spend a good time sampling.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I do like the look of the Resolute but can't help feeling it's the 'cheaper' cousin in terms of build quality.
    I have always had that "hang up" with them and their DTG machines, but something at P&P said to me to get over my snobby attitude towards them, listen to the guys and look at the machine, and I liked it :-) When we met for a coffee we talked about the difference in prices of the machines and that is a huge factor for me. Wasn't it something like a Mimaki owner would have to print 6-10 thousand items more than a Resolute owner before they are on a level playing field?

I am still not 100% on the machine and will make further investigation today, I may even knock the whole idea on the head due to the fact that Brexit is going to cause huge uncertainty (even if it's short term) and that would be a fair chunk of change to have wrapped up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    I have always had that "hang up" with them and their DTG machines, but something at P&P said to me to get over my snobby attitude towards them, listen to the guys and look at the machine, and I liked it :-) When we met for a coffee we talked about the difference in prices of the machines and that is a huge factor for me. Wasn't it something like a Mimaki owner would have to print 6-10 thousand items more than a Resolute owner before they are on a level playing field?

I am still not 100% on the machine and will make further investigation today, I may even knock the whole idea on the head due to the fact that Brexit is going to cause huge uncertainty (even if it's short term) and that would be a fair chunk of change to have wrapped up.
    I'm at the show tomorrow. I do like the Mimaki but haven't overly considered the resolute. The Roland is a little overpriced but they seem genuine and lovely people ;-)

Don't think I will let Brexit deter things as would be in limbo for sometime. I have put off serious investment for years as started all this just before the banking crash which made me batten down the hatches. I will be ready to retire by the time everything settles from brexit the way it is going.

I am having a serious look at the Rotator whilst I am there as was offered it for pick up after the show. Just have a couple of reservations so want to see it working.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm at the show tomorrow. I do like the Mimaki but haven't overly considered the resolute. The Roland is a little overpriced but they seem genuine and lovely people ;-)
    I looked in detail at the Resolute, the Mimaki, and the Roland. For me the Resolute is the clear winner, it's cheaper, quicker and more versatile. For my purposes it is the one I will be looking at purchasing.

I am having a serious look at the Rotator whilst I am there as was offered it for pick up after the show. Just have a couple of reservations so want to see it working.
    Looked pretty good and at 9000 US its not a bad price, a fair assumption is that you will get it a lot cheaper obviously.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    I looked in detail at the Resolute, the Mimaki, and the Roland. For me the Resolute is the clear winner, it's cheaper, quicker and more versatile. For my purposes it is the one I will be looking at purchasing.

Looked pretty good and at 9000 US its not a bad price, a fair assumption is that you will get it a lot cheaper obviously.
    I had concerns over even heat distribution for the Rotator. The mugs near the centre don't get as far away from the entry point as the mugs placed nearer the out area.

I haven't had a proper look at the Resolute as they always have the kebab option demoing. Will take more notice this time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I haven't had a proper look at the Resolute as they always have the kebab option demoing. Will take more notice this time.
    When you get to their stand speak to Andy Chambers (He is one of the owners and I have known him for years). If they are showcasing the kebab get him to take it off, its only one screw.

Tell him Simon sent you, that way he will charge you double :-)

The mugs near the centre don't get as far away from the entry point as the mugs placed nearer the out area.
    The machine is actually running and they are printing mugs with the machine. So you will be able to see it actually working.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Whats the Rotator? Any links?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The Resolute sample items were very impressive, Mimaki had some good stuff as well, Roland machine wasn't running and the sample stock was very poor...all at P&P.

Resolute does seem very impressive at the price and I see there's a new larger machine....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdsuQ_4ESBc