Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Textile Vinyl for Hen Shirts!
    By Stitch Up in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 22-09-2016, 10:48 AM
  2. lining up images straight
    By omar78 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-10-2015, 01:00 AM
  3. Layering vinyl for shirts
    By windyash in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-11-2013, 02:05 PM
  4. Lining up my paper for mug printing
    By Jen in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Believe me, in a few months time and after many printed t-shirts, you will look back at this post and ask yourself "Why did I make it so difficult?".
    You will quickly learn which Fonts to use or more importantly Not Use.
    Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking forward too it. I really liked creating the t-shirts and how they looked too.

One more thing, what's the best way to photograph them?
    I've read up on a few things on the forum however i don't have the photographic equipment like some have (mobile phone camera only). Ive tried laying then flat but you can see the creases and I've used a human mannequin (me) but they still don't look right.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Use a digital mockup rather than an actual photo. Plenty available on the net, or make your own in Photoshop (using the Displacement effect if you want a few lifelike wrinkles in your shot).
    Last edited by webtrekker; 08-04-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For initial designs I am happy to create "Mock Ups" however I want to advertise the shirts I have made so customers can get an idea of what a finished item looks like. I tried lying flat but it appeared very wrinkly even after ironing. I also hung it up but again it cast too many shadows and was unable to get the right colours. I wore the shirt and had my wife photograph me but it still wasn't that clear. I will keep trying until I find the best method.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    All I can suggest, other than mockups, is to build yourself a lighting studio, where you can alter the strength, position and even the colour of the lights to combat poor lighting and unwanted shadows.

This could be as simple as a few white-painted, hinged boards and some decent lights on stands that you can drag out whenever you need product shots.

I should perhaps mention another way of making mockups rather than using Photoshop. If you make or obtain decent 3D models of t-shirts you could raytrace them in suitable rendering software where you can alter the lighting, shadows, colours, reflections, layout, etc to your heart's satisfaction. I use Keyshot 4 myself, but many other renderers are available, including some excellent free ones, such as Blender.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i ordered from the website above, arrived on friday, still to use it yet, but a nice tool to have