Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Textile Vinyl for Hen Shirts!
    By Stitch Up in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 22-09-2016, 09:48 AM
  2. lining up images straight
    By omar78 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-10-2015, 12:00 AM
  3. Layering vinyl for shirts
    By windyash in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-11-2013, 01:05 PM
  4. Lining up my paper for mug printing
    By Jen in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lining up vinyl on t-shirts

Hey,

I've got some clothing Vinyl bring delivered today as I've had my first 'official' order (yay) for personalised work shirt. When making t-shirts for my kids there has been no exact science when lining up the vinyl. Now i need it to look professional, is there any physical guide that you can place on the t-shirts to help with this?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have various pieces of hard cardboard that I cut to the exact height/depth down from the neck that I want to the top of the print. The cardboard is the width of the platten so I have an exact square placement.
    As some customers want it placed higher or lower I would ask them before printing. Mark on the cardboard where the middle is will help too. For the front I mark the middle of the t-shirt and where the design will be printed.
    Hope this makes sense and is helpful.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ArferMo - I've looked everywhere and couldn't find anything. Thanks for that.

@Earl Smith - What a great idea, thanks. I was going to use a large ruler to help me but I like your template idea. I have some thin perspex which would be great for this. I can use some wall vinyl for the markings on it which can the. Be removed and placed where needed. I could do one for adults and one for kids, hmm....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ArferMo For This Useful Post:

Disky (24-09-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fitted a stanley laser above my heatpress, great until the press moves a touch. Remember loading the garment straight/equal first affects everything like this. Eventually you decide to use your eye with an occasional ruler check and the obligatory cock ups that are usually down to wonky garments.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the info.

I thought the layout would be the hard part but getting the right size logos is turning out to be tricky too!

I have used some thin card to make a few logo mock ups and I'm glad i did as I've changed the sizes quite a few times now. I'm not too sure if they are conventional sizes however they look right for the style and t-shirt size.

Once they are cut and pressed i will let you know how i go and if i have any hair left by this evening!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometime it helps to print off the design using a printer and then lay the design onto the garment to get an idea if you need to make any changes in the size on typefaces or logos on individual garments.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was up until 1am this morning finishing off 4 (that's right) work shirts and only 2 was for a customer the other 2 were work shirts for me (i don't need them but i want to look professional whilst sitting at home doing these!).

As well as sizing I found weeding was a nightmare! Font style and size are important when cutting (cameo 3) the vinyl. The font i chose was not only very small but also funny shaped which made things difficult. Anyway I got through that and lined up the logos on the shirt (actually not as difficult as I thought it was going to be) and pressed them. For my first shirts I am very impressed. I would upload a pic but don't know how. I feel kind of proud as I designed the logo from scratch too. Hopefully I can get a few more orders and now won't feel as nervous about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    I would upload a pic but don't know how
    Instructions are here if you want to have a go
    The real secret is to wisdom is to listen to the wise and follow their advice