Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Inks
    By Deano82 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-08-2015, 07:41 PM
  2. Pigment Inks, Gel inks, Refillable cartridges,
    By timeleecoops in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 29-01-2015, 07:04 PM
  3. City Inks - Edible Inks Special Offer
    By Justin in forum Press Releases/Announcements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 21-09-2012, 03:12 PM
  4. CIS and sub inks
    By SteveUK in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 10:59 AM
  5. Help with inks
    By Cheshire cat in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone move to Sublisplash out of interest? Am I right thinking they have dropped their price? It looks like they are selling at Sawgrass prices - 10% meaning same price as Sublijet with DSF discount. Not game changer but interesting if so.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Price hasn't changed still 15% cheaper then SG ml per ml. Sales are going well and 3 or 4 of the big fulfilment / personalised gift sites are in final stages of testing and all being well are about to jump ship, with the main reason being the colours and not price, which is very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Anyone move to Sublisplash out of interest? Am I right thinking they have dropped their price? It looks like they are selling at Sawgrass prices - 10% meaning same price as Sublijet with DSF discount. Not game changer but interesting if so.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DyeSubSupplies For This Useful Post:

matzy (02-07-2017), UK Printed Mugs (02-07-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be interested to hear any thoughts regarding a natural progressive changeover from SG to SS inks and whether this is possible/feasible. For example, when one colour runs out and needs changing is it possible to replace the cartridge with a SS one and let the inks naturally flow rather than the need to flush? I have three almost full carts and a black not far from empty, i'm reluctant to waste the CMY cartridges, and I know there is the flush kit with extra cartridges but i'd rather spend £40 or £36 than £200+ based on very little evidence of the better quality colours.

Are the inks of such a different composition that they would not be compatible to be just changed? after all, if you change from one cart manufacturer on a normal inkjet printer you simply swap cartridges, not flush out the whole system?

I'm just interested to see what others feelings are on this and if anyone supplying the inks has an info from the manufacturer whether it is a feasible alternative. This way its more affordable for smaller businesses to switch gradually. I do appreciate that colour profiles may be a little messed up but as has already been demonstrated prints were done without changing a profile.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Although we are personally reluctant to change (although interested to hear about others experiences as well) we were told earlier on in this thread I believe that you will need to flush through all ink cartridges and start again with new SS ones.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been following this thread from the day it was first posted with a lot of interest and like you i'm reluctant to change but would always welcome something better if available, cheaper is good but not the most important part to be honest. I did read the part about the entire system needing to be flushed but without an explanation as to why I would welcome the manufacturers reasons for suggesting this, would be interesting to know if it is due to ink incompatibility or any other reasons.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We upgraded from Trupix paper to the new Xpres 112gsm paper recently and colours are more vibrant in our opinion (using SG inks). Perhaps try a change of paper first.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

matzy (02-07-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd already decided to do that based on your last post regarding the Xpres paper so that is a definite purchase.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I will pass this on to the manufacturer tomorrow matzym and will post the reply on here all being well tomorrow but it could take a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by matzy View Post
    I'd be interested to hear any thoughts regarding a natural progressive changeover from SG to SS inks and whether this is possible/feasible. For example, when one colour runs out and needs changing is it possible to replace the cartridge with a SS one and let the inks naturally flow rather than the need to flush? I have three almost full carts and a black not far from empty, i'm reluctant to waste the CMY cartridges, and I know there is the flush kit with extra cartridges but i'd rather spend £40 or £36 than £200+ based on very little evidence of the better quality colours.

Are the inks of such a different composition that they would not be compatible to be just changed? after all, if you change from one cart manufacturer on a normal inkjet printer you simply swap cartridges, not flush out the whole system?

I'm just interested to see what others feelings are on this and if anyone supplying the inks has an info from the manufacturer whether it is a feasible alternative. This way its more affordable for smaller businesses to switch gradually. I do appreciate that colour profiles may be a little messed up but as has already been demonstrated prints were done without changing a profile.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DyeSubSupplies For This Useful Post:

matzy (03-07-2017)

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If anyone would like to see a printed sample, email me an image to steven@dyesublimationsupplies.co.uk and your details and I will arrange that for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be fantastic, thank you for much for the support and prompt action.