Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Inks
    By Deano82 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-08-2015, 07:41 PM
  2. Pigment Inks, Gel inks, Refillable cartridges,
    By timeleecoops in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 29-01-2015, 07:04 PM
  3. City Inks - Edible Inks Special Offer
    By Justin in forum Press Releases/Announcements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 21-09-2012, 03:12 PM
  4. CIS and sub inks
    By SteveUK in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 10:59 AM
  5. Help with inks
    By Cheshire cat in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you be able to send just the printed paper so I can press it myself to compare with the same image printed on my own setup please, or is that what you meant. Ideally i'd like to test on a mug and a mouse mat if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DyeSubSupplies View Post
    If anyone would like to see a printed sample, email me an image to steven@dyesublimationsupplies.co.uk and your details and I will arrange that for you.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Your welcome matzy.

Quote Originally Posted by matzy View Post
    That would be fantastic, thank you for much for the support and prompt action.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes yes matzy that's not a problem, we can do that for you, I did mean we would print and press then send you the sample, but your way is better as you can obviously see it working side by side with your own set up.

Would you be able to send just the printed paper so I can press it myself to compare with the same image printed on my own setup please, or is that what you meant. Ideally i'd like to test on a mug and a mouse mat if possible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be interested to hear any thoughts regarding a natural progressive changeover from SG to SS inks and whether this is possible/feasible. For example, when one colour runs out and needs changing is it possible to replace the cartridge with a SS one and let the inks naturally flow rather than the need to flush? I have three almost full carts and a black not far from empty, i'm reluctant to waste the CMY cartridges, and I know there is the flush kit with extra cartridges but i'd rather spend £40 or £36 than £200+ based on very little evidence of the better quality colours.

Are the inks of such a different composition that they would not be compatible to be just changed? after all, if you change from one cart manufacturer on a normal inkjet printer you simply swap cartridges, not flush out the whole system?

I'm just interested to see what others feelings are on this and if anyone supplying the inks has an info from the manufacturer whether it is a feasible alternative. This way its more affordable for smaller businesses to switch gradually. I do appreciate that colour profiles may be a little messed up but as has already been demonstrated prints were done without changing a profile.

Good Morning Matzy,

there is no way around changing all 4 colours at the same time when changing the ink brand as otherwise the ICC profile has no chance at all to work properly and deliver the results you`re aiming for.
    The inks are both water based though but have completely different composition regarding their chemical composition. So your ICC profile would work assuming having a complete set of whatever ink loaded in the printer and would mix the individual colours accordingly, ending up in print results that are

a) not what you`re looking for
    b) definitely not repeatable

So long story short, you always need to flush your lines and change the complete set of inks at once.

Regards,

Mario

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mario Panter For This Useful Post:

matzy (04-07-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Although we are personally reluctant to change (although interested to hear about others experiences as well) we were told earlier on in this thread I believe that you will need to flush through all ink cartridges and start again with new SS ones.
    There´s nothing wrong about sitting on the fence and keep watching but let me share that since we started Sublisplash 6 weeks ago, we converted in total 324 individual customers to Sublisplash inks by selling the Swop Out Kits, not including the kits sold to the international dealers. Most of the customers at our FESPA booth ordered the kit right away, but it easily sells over the phone as well.

I`m not telling this to swank, more to share that we do get incredible positive feedback from customers all over Europe.

Regards,

Mario

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that Mario you've saved me an email.
    Matzy Mario is the manufacturer of the inks in Europe if you are wondering why he suddenly jumped in with a post.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DyeSubSupplies For This Useful Post:

matzy (04-07-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Reading through the posts it's apparent that many are interested in making the change but are cautious which is understandable.

Personally, if this was a change I was looking to make, I'd buy another Ricoh printer and install the SS inks, run it alongside the existing SG setup. This way you can make direct comparisons and continue to use both printers so not wasting any inks.

I appreciate you're having to pay out for a second printer but an A4 Ricoh isn't that expensive and would soon be recouped in the ink costs.

Someone did ask in this thread a while back about warranty, I'm not sure if this was answered? SG now offer the 2 year warranty on machines purchased through their supplier network and these printers are re-badged with the SG branding. What warranty do SS offer and what is the support network in comparison to SG's ?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

DyeSubSupplies (03-07-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin,

we offer 12 months warranty for the printers sold by us and used with Sublisplash inks.
    If the printer shows a defect during these 12 months, we will replace this printer no matter what.

Support network of course is smaller of course comparing to SG but growing, especially in the UK.

By the way, we use SPL as shortcut for Sublisplash, SS eventually calls up some dark memories...

Regards,

Mario

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mario Panter For This Useful Post:

DyeSubSupplies (03-07-2017), UK Printed Mugs (03-07-2017)

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin, Not a bad idea, we currently have the Sg3110DN A4 Ricoh printer including a set of Sublisplash inks and a pack of Jetstream sublimation paper for £256.25.

Click on the link below for more details

http://www.dyesublimationsupplies.co...ublimation-Ink

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Reading through the posts it's apparent that many are interested in making the change but are cautious which is understandable.

Personally, if this was a change I was looking to make, I'd buy another Ricoh printer and install the SS inks, run it alongside the existing SG setup. This way you can make direct comparisons and continue to use both printers so not wasting any inks.

I appreciate you're having to pay out for a second printer but an A4 Ricoh isn't that expensive and would soon be recouped in the ink costs.

Someone did ask in this thread a while back about warranty, I'm not sure if this was answered? SG now offer the 2 year warranty on machines purchased through their supplier network and these printers are re-badged with the SG branding. What warranty do SS offer and what is the support network in comparison to SG's ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DyeSubSupplies View Post
    Yes yes matzy that's not a problem, we can do that for you, I did mean we would print and press then send you the sample, but your way is better as you can obviously see it working side by side with your own set up.
    Thats fantastic, i'll put something together over the weekend and email them over to you, thank you very much for the great support.