Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 24-01-2017, 04:23 PM
  2. Photoshop cs5 version 8.0
    By Mathew in forum Software
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 28-01-2015, 09:22 AM
  3. Wanted Full version of flexi
    By Lynne in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 04:53 PM
  4. new version of powerdriver for Ricoh!
    By spongerobinson in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-05-2014, 11:06 PM
  5. Updating Opencart Version
    By Justin in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-03-2013, 07:23 AM
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logobear View Post
    if buying, be wary of microsoftstore.org.uk
    I am looking at buying Corel Draw and saw microsoftstore.org.uk - something didn't feel right about them so decided not to buy from them ........ obviously a good decision on my part. I still haven't purchased. I'm looking for either X6/X7/X8 as told either of these will work well for my requirements and spending money on newer editions is an unnecessary expense???

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilde-one View Post
    I am looking at buying Corel Draw and saw microsoftstore.org.uk - something didn't feel right about them so decided not to buy from them ........ obviously a good decision on my part. I still haven't purchased. I'm looking for either X6/X7/X8 as told either of these will work well for my requirements and spending money on newer editions is an unnecessary expense???
    You can use coreldraw on a monthly paid for basis direct from them, no long term contract, thats what we did initially before a used copy of X6 came up to buy which was too good to refuse.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might have been mentioned before - Coreldraw X6 is not compatible with Windows 10
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have no need for vector drawing software. I do all of my designing in Photoshop and, should I need vectorisation for vinyl or print & cut jobs, I simply black out my design and paste it into the excellent VectorMagic software. Couple of clicks with the mouse is all that's usually needed.

If any tweaking of a vector is required (shifting nodes, reducing complexity, etc) then the free Inkscape is a very capable editor, although, personally, I do these things in my cutter software, SCAL4.
    Last edited by webtrekker; 07-04-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it will depend on your requirements. Cut and print seems best served by starting out with the quality that vector delivers but this maybe more than you need if say your only designing and printing mugs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the subscription to Coreldraw suite 2018. It all depends what you have used and what you are requiring it to do. I use it as I do a lot of signage for vehicles so the vector side is important to me.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive recently up graded to X8 which is included in the latest Wilcom upgrade. ( E4).
    My favourite though is X4 . For me , and probably most of us on here the X4 version is good enough.
    X8 has a few new bells and whistles but nothing that we really need. Maybe the newer version has better colour management but as Im a vector user and not printer I dont need the extra stuff.
    Last edited by Earl Smith; 09-04-2018 at 10:41 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I plumped for X8 but just as Earl states above, I also prefer X4 for most tasks. X8 supports my cutting software which is brilliant and my reason for buying the version. If I'm just doing a quick job I load up X4 most of the time though :-)

I must spend more time on X8 though!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    With regard to cutting, do you want a great cutting program that also supports vector design and editing, or do you want a great vector design and editing program that also supports cutters (ie. CorelDraw or Illustrator)?

For me, it was the first choice. I use Sure Cuts A Lot 4 and, for only £50, it does everything I need. I also design stuff in Photoshop for Print & Cut which I black-out and convert to SVG format in VectorMagic for import to SCAL4.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a Corel Draw man but a couple of programes worthy of note if your needs or budget don't warrant the expense are Inkscape (mentioned earlier) which is free, a little clonky to use but perfectly good for most basic stuff and also Affinity Draw (previously versions were known as Serif Draw Plus) Providing your cutting utility software which came with the plotter supports AI, EPS and possible pdf/svg import it could well be a viable answer for many. For more sophisticated work at larger sizes Corel Draw is still difficult to beat and even earlier versions do alot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AlanD For This Useful Post:

wilde-one (12-04-2018)