Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Free Sub Pneumatic Mug Press
    By Dave271069 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-12-2016, 09:15 PM
  2. New mug press - pneumatic & self contained....
    By wayupnorth in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 14-10-2016, 10:10 PM
  3. pneumatic mug press
    By anniecov in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-08-2016, 11:15 AM
  4. Pneumatic Mug Press
    By bfos in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2016, 10:24 PM
  5. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 22-05-2016, 03:47 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very dangerous, glad no one was hurt.
    Careful with anything that uses a compressor. HSE has recently been around our estate targeting all compressor users. Making them get everything pressure tested - cylinder, piston, pipes and airlines as well as the tools and machinery all had to be tested. One of my neighbours had to pay about £1500 for testing and a further £600 fees to HSE ( they charge £128+vat per hour 'fee for intervention'). It is only a matter of time before they realise that print shops and screenprinters often use compressors, and we become their next 'cash cow'.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    Very dangerous, glad no one was hurt.
    Careful with anything that uses a compressor. HSE has recently been around our estate targeting all compressor users. Making them get everything pressure tested - cylinder, piston, pipes and airlines as well as the tools and machinery all had to be tested. One of my neighbours had to pay about £1500 for testing and a further £600 fees to HSE ( they charge £128+vat per hour 'fee for intervention'). It is only a matter of time before they realise that print shops and screenprinters often use compressors, and we become their next 'cash cow'.
    Good advice, and also consider whether your insurance will pay out if you haven't had your gear certified.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fortunately (or not) we don't need to use this compressor any more.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone using a small compressor - you might want to consider just buying another cheap compressor from Machine Mart or the like every 12 months to avoid the need for inspections and giving the old one away. Of course if you need something a bit special - ultra quiet, oil less etc which generally doesn't come cheap you are going to have to bite the bullet and pay out for inspections.

If I remember correctly this has all been driven following a couple of incidents with barrista machines - they store steam under pressure which is really bad news if anything lets go - which is apparently what happened.

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Personally, I'd steer well away from using a compressor for the sole purpose of closing a mug press when other, far less dangerous, methods exist. If I was snadblasting or airbrushing then yes, fair enough, I'd have to have a compressor, but for pressing mugs I don't see the need.

I'm pleased no one was injured Annie. Apart from the emotional aspect, it could have seriously damaged your business.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not much snadblasting going on in the average print shop but plenty of people use pneumatic flatbed presses

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur.daley View Post
    not much snadblasting going on in the average print shop but plenty of people use pneumatic flatbed presses
    I mentioned sandblasting (sand carving) because sandblasted mugs and other items look great and I was considering doing this myself, but I don't think I'll bother now! I'm too young (66) to die!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest problem with compressors is lack of maintenance.

I wonder how many users actually drain the tank at the end of the day? It's amazing how much water ends up in them!! Obviously water & steel tends to result in corrosion...and the insides of the tanks generally aren't painted.

The other issue with water is that it can accelerate corrosion between 2 different metal types...like at the manifold...