Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. ST3042 - Spare Parts
    By socialgiraffe in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-10-2023, 06:09 PM
  2. 3D sublimation ST3042 issue?
    By ATOJAR in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-05-2017, 04:52 PM
  3. ST3042 tripping RCD
    By paulswanton in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-08-2016, 10:50 PM
  4. 3D Sublimation ST3042
    By ex0rcist in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-03-2015, 03:58 PM
  5. Replacing thermostat on Aadkins press? ASAP!
    By justme in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 23-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ST3042 thermostat

Hi

Does anyone know where I can source a replacement thermostat for an st3042 - stuck on 19 degrees when warming up then trips RCD so guessing it may be thermostat (unless anyone knows better)

Thanks in advance (and hope)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From Sunmeta (the maker), it's quite cheap. I have their pricelist and contact details if you want (PM me).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the same problem machine not heating above 105c after machine went bang!

I have the same problem so I think I require a new thermostat. Just went onto http://www.sunmeta.com, but can't locate a thermostat
    in their listed products, but have emailed their sales.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A new thermostat solved the issue for me. It only cost be a couple of pounds. I would suggest getting a few as the postage costs are quite high. Also you might want to consider getting a spare mainboard at around £15 in case it’s something more serious. Their sales department are very efficient02 main board
    3D-14 heating sensor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Thanks for replying, I take everything you said on board. I made another attempt today at printing a plate in my machine.

I removed the vacuum section and put a plate into silicon plate clamp. I took a long time to get the temperature up
    195c, in fact it carried on past to 205c. In getting there the temperature went up and down. In fact when it started
    it claimed the temperature was 105c!? After cooking my plate for 6 mins. I literally cooked it. The paper went brown,
    stuck to the plate, the image brown and the plate cracked! So clearly getting hotter than it says. I won't do this
    again as I will probably ruin the machine altogether.

I did removed the cover at the back to inspect as that is where the bang came from last night. Not the vacuum pump
    as this still works fine. Only about 3rd time I have used the machine, but out of warranty as not used for a year
    due to Corvid etc. Could detect no flash marks. Maybe the bang was in the lid, but it would have to be toward the back.
    I take it the thermostat is in the lid? Occurred when I pressed the heat button once, so had not activated the bottom
    heating element only the top one.

Hopefully I will get a reply to my email tomorrow and will purchase a new control panel just in case etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you get the same issue with excess temperatures with just one heating plate? Ironically I’ve also got the ST-420 model as well and experienced the same issue a couple of weeks ago. I heard a bang and the top plate temperatures went off the scale. I replaced both the temperature sensor and the top heating plate but it didn't resolve the issue. The machine starts to beep when it reaches temperature but doesn’t stop heating and also there seems to be a 50 degree difference in readout vs external laser temperature check. Hopefully someone with more experience can shed some light on this and help us both. My machine also has light use like yours.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The experiment I conducted today also showed the temperature continuing to rise after the machine began to bleep. Took an awful long time to get there. because it would fall keep falling
    by 20 degrees then starting rising again. At one stage I didn't think it would get past 130c as it reached this temperature 3 times then falling back before passing it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still no near to getting thermostat etc.

Still not got any where with getting a thermostat from Sunmeta. Had an email 3 days ago asking where I bought my machine from?
    Since replying to that nothing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul, Do you know anywhere else I might purchase the thermostat etc. Sunmeta have refused to sell me one or help me at all!?

They said I they won't help me because I didn't purchase the machine from Sunmeta. I then asked the contact Jim King if he could tell
    me where I could purchase one and basically no reply after several days. Not exactly impressed with Sunmeta :-(

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi - that’s surprising - I had nothing but help when I contacted them (granted in was back in 2017). They have many sales email addresses (i used sales09@sunmeta.com - Lisa Wu)

The parts you need are 3D-02 for the main board and 3D-14 for the heat sensor - should cost around $20 but will probably cost another $20-30 in postage