Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Best settings for polyester tshirt printing?
    By Clairebear in forum Clothing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-12-2016, 07:24 AM
  2. need one tshirt printing
    By soulclaimed in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-06-2016, 12:27 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-04-2015, 01:57 PM
  4. Sold Complete Tshirt ad Sign printing Package.
    By arko in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15-02-2014, 11:32 AM
  5. For Sale Epson 1400 with CIS system for light tshirt mouse pads printing
    By skru in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-01-2013, 12:11 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

favourite tshirt for screen printing?

I'm new to screen printing, - mostly 1 and 2 colour jobs, but am thinking that our favourite T's for transfere & vinyl are not ideal for screen.
    We choose softspun, - but wonder if the fluffyness of them is messing up when we screen print?

What is your favourite 'basic' and 'good' tshirt for screen print?
    Ideally main brands as customers prefere a label they recognise; - even if they are not the very best value.

Any thoughts on what makes a great tshirt for screen print much appreciated.
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I supply our screen printer with gildan softstyles, usually one colour prints and they come out fine, reds occasionally can cause issues and need to have enough ink to avoid having a pink tinge showing through. Have also used gildan gd05 heavy cotton's but the kids sizes were a bit larger than the size label intimated so swapped to the ringspun softstyle. I read somewhere soft-spun are a bit fluffy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Mr G
    you are using the products that I use, and I think that there are better products, - tighter weave, less fluff.
    Think we can get a smoother result, - when the screen is cleared, the fluff can rise as the screen snaps up making the result a bit rough, sometimes fibres standing up and through the ink!
    suggestions include Anvil & Fruit OTL 'heavy' but I would appreciate real world experience.
    thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.keyaeurope.eu/en/
    THese guys do great t-shirts for screen printing. You will find them used as tourist t-shirts all over europe in holiday resorts. Ive just come back from Korfu and they are the main , cheap t-shirt sold there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thanks for thr suggestion.
    I was hoping for a recommendation of a major brand, Gildan / fruit etc - a 'stock' item that i can get anywhere, and has brand recognition with my clients.
    Anyone?
    which is the best Gildan / Fruit tshirt for screen printing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I though you were but those cheapies really screen print very well.
    If you are on Facebook look up Graphic Disorder. https://www.facebook.com/Graphic-Dis...8282122879494/ They are a big screen print company in the US and seem to use Gildan all the time. They will surprise you with some of their designs. Amazing stuff they do. Look through their posts and you will see which shirt they use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surface smoothness is the key factor for a good screen printing t-shirt.
    Fotl Valueweight, Gildan 5000 and Softstyle ( 64000) are good for run of the mill budget printing.
    If you want a better print surface, or a retail quality garment then upgrade to the FOTL Super Premium, Gildan 2000 or 4100. For the extra 50pence you will get a much smoother, softer, finer knit fabric at a slightly heavier weight.

If you want to spend a bit more, then the Russel 'Classic T' (ZT180) is excellent quality, smooth and washes well.

Avoid the FOTL 'original' t-shirt, unless you have an order for a cheap promotional garment. It used to be sold as 'Screenstars' and is really not good enough to use for anything you would want to wash.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

logobear (19-09-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thanks
    that is the sort of advice I was looking for.
    P