Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Call to my local doctors surgery
    By mrs maggot in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25-11-2013, 06:50 PM
  2. First port of call 2 say hello 2 all
    By Images Studio in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 11:04 PM
  3. why do they call it day off
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 30-06-2012, 03:59 PM
  4. odd phone call to a supplier
    By mrs maggot in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22-03-2012, 02:49 PM
  5. days off is that what they call it
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thats interesting mr gobby, I will get adam to try that and see if the same thing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mr-gobby View Post
    I used over a box of A4 S race paper on a garment job doing a largish dark one colour logo and colour came through the paper to mark the cover sheet every press. Id not noticed it happen with trupix or Jetstream papers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried it & am very impressed,i use it on the aluminium panels & it doesn't stick or leave any residue behind like all the papers i've tried on the panels,good results to on the flip phone cases.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Smart Mart For This Useful Post:

DyeSubSupplies (01-10-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got the samples this morning, and only had chance to do one print at the moment, using the same time and temp. I use with Texprint HPXR ( 200c, 60 secs.). I print onto t-shirts and garments.

The paper is similar weight to Texprint XPHR, and heavier than the Jetstream.

I'm generally very happy with the results, and I will certainly use the paper again.
    The colours were good and vivid - better than Jetstream and similar to Texprint. I noticed a small amount of bleed through onto the cover sheet, but nowhere near as much as the Jetstream (which always gives me problems, probably due to the thinner paper). Having said that, I have just noticed on the S:race website, that they recommend much shorter pressing times 35-40 secs at 205 - 210c. That might cure the bleed through problems.

I will experiment with shorter pressing times and report back.

It might be worth emphasising the shorter pressing times on the website.
    Last edited by pw66; 02-10-2017 at 12:48 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

DyeSubSupplies (02-10-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello all, ive not been on here for a good while use to be a regular, My sublimation set up had run out of inks so i stopped doing mugs and gifts for about a year. Anyway whilst looking through the forum i noticed this add for free papers and after visiting there web site i also noticed they sold a new ink to fit my printer at a reduced price, This week i purchased SUBLISLASH inks FOR MY SAWGRASS SG400 And also recieved my free papers. First thing i noticed liike some of you have mentioned was they were slightly small so no good for a full wrap. I advertised on my Facebook page if anyone wanted any mugs and recieved my first 3 orders that day, I made the mugs using the inks and papers that were recieved and im very pleased, The text on the mugs have come out perfect every mug and great colours, Today i had to make 12 mugs with a lot of black in the football logo i had to print. WOW, no more browns, no lines nothing, Mugs have come out great, I will definatly be using the inks again and the papers, if i do get a order with full wrap then i will just use my a4 paper.
    thanks
    Dave
    good to be back!!!!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave271069 For This Useful Post:

DyeSubSupplies (02-10-2017), Justin (02-10-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be happy to test and review any of the sizes as I have a number of different printers. I can test on a Ricoh and an Epson.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callunna View Post
    I would be happy to test and review any of the sizes as I have a number of different printers. I can test on a Ricoh and an Epson.
    Message us your address and I will pop some of the SRace Mug paper in the post for you :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DyeSubSupplies View Post
    Message us your address and I will pop some of the SRace Mug paper in the post for you :)
    Thanks! Have messaged you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the sample paper.
    I printed some samples on polyester and compared to Trupix. Samples are about 85mm in diameter.
    Sawgrass ink in Ricoh GXe7700, pressed at 190C for 50 secs.

My initial impression was that the s-race prints were more vivid. On closer inspection I think that the bleed, though minimal on both samples, was less on the s-race print. This made the edges of the colours sharper and the butterflies in the second picture have more wing definition.

Photos are attached.

Like others have commented, the mug paper is too small for my prints as well. I usually cut a4 into 2 lengthwise. However, will try with paper on some ceramic when I'm next testing a new design.

Thanks again,
    Skye

Attached Images Attached Images

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Skye For This Useful Post:

DyeSubSupplies (05-10-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sending the sample pack of mug sheets. The length (210mm) is OK for 10oz mugs although I normally use 216mm and 240mm length sheets.
    I found the colours printed as well as my usual brand and the ink release was fine. It was a good job you added a note about the print surface being the yellowish side, not the bright white side, though! This is the opposite to my normal supplies
    I printed on to a money jar, but I will be printing ordinary mugs soon and will report if the results are any different to what I've said above.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Callunna For This Useful Post:

DyeSubSupplies (07-10-2017)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    Too small for me also.

I get two sizes cut of Tru Pix for two different size mugs for oven wraps...

10 Ounce LW mugs I use 235 x 100
    11 ounce LW Two Tone mugs I use 240 x 100

When using ovens and wraps it is really important to get the paper to extend out of the wrap, hence the size I require.

No complaint here, just giving my feedback on mug paper size.

I get why it is offered at 210 though
    Just a quick question please, why is it important to have the paper extending out of the wrap? What does this prevent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk