Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Stahls Basic Cap Press
    By kermit in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-03-2016, 09:14 AM
  2. Galaxy Auto Clam Slider
    By DANNYD in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-02-2016, 12:24 AM
  3. Sold Neptune heat press - 15'' x 15''
    By Paul in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-07-2015, 09:27 PM
  4. OKI Laser Printer and Stahls Clam Basic for starters.....?
    By mikeoooze in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of guarantee, so not worth the cost of sending it to Germany. After MDP's response to the thermostat problem In just wrote them and it of as a bad job.
    I still use it for printing hi vis so as not to 'contaminate' the other press with yellow dye. I just have to push the platen into place as I close it - I used to be a chef many years ago so I have very little feeling left in my finger tips. Bit dangerous though.

You will be ok with the Maxx. It is a completely different kettle of fish to the Clam basic. It has a very good reputation, and the guarantee is much better.

If I had realised that the clam was made in China ( Stahls keep that quite) I wouldn't have bothered with it - would probably got a Maxx. I would have been better of buying three cheap Chinese presses, for the same money as the Clam Basic. The chances are that at least one of them would still be working.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    Out of guarantee, so not worth the cost of sending it to Germany. After MDP's response to the thermostat problem In just wrote them and it of as a bad job.
    I still use it for printing hi vis so as not to 'contaminate' the other press with yellow dye. I just have to push the platen into place as I close it - I used to be a chef many years ago so I have very little feeling left in my finger tips. Bit dangerous though.

You will be ok with the Maxx. It is a completely different kettle of fish to the Clam basic. It has a very good reputation, and the guarantee is much better.

If I had realised that the clam was made in China ( Stahls keep that quite) I wouldn't have bothered with it - would probably got a Maxx. I would have been better of buying three cheap Chinese presses, for the same money as the Clam Basic. The chances are that at least one of them would still be working.
    Sorry to hear that mate, the maxx came today and it's massive - I only got the 28x38cm one but the unit depth is around 70cm..... won't be using it til the weekend once I get all sorted.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since Secabo uses just relabled Microtec machines and sells them to of course higher prices in germany or Heat press nation in the US i would think that both the Galaxy Neptun and the Stahls basic could probably made from one and the same company in china because they look very similar, that would be Shenzhen Lopo Technology Co. but who knows.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean with push the plate into place when you close it? The upper plate can be moved slightly, it wiggles but thats normal with this press concept.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daninho View Post
    What do you mean with push the plate into place when you close it? The upper plate can be moved slightly, it wiggles but thats normal with this press concept.
    Have you looked at the picture?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you looked at the picture?
    Yes, is that removable or can it be re assembled or was that like permanently glued to the upper part and it fall off? I am not familar with the internals of the press, i have the same pess but never looked inside of it or how the upper part is held in place.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, is that removable or can it be re assembled or was that like permanently glued to the upper part and it fall off? I am not familar with the internals of the press, i have the same pess but never looked inside of it or how the upper part is held in place.
    It is the bottom of the pressure adjustment mechanism. It is supposed to be permanently attached. I had to push the platen back into place when closing the press. Sometimes it jammed when closing, meaning a wasted sublimation print.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

Daninho (05-02-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the bottom of the pressure adjustment mechanism. It is supposed to be permanently attached. I had to push the platen back into place when closing the press. Sometimes it jammed when closing, meaning a wasted sublimation print.
    Hi, I asked them why that happens and they said it is because the clam basic is not made for high pressure like sublimation. Its a bummer since i started with sublimation now and that means high pressure from time to time. So i have to use medium pressure in the future to prevent that. The clam basic is also only made for fabrics, not metal plates etc... I pressed some metal sheets in it but it was 0.5mm aluminium, thinner than most fabrics.

They said in this case you have to replace the heating plate, if that ever happens to me i will of course not do that. It will costs me more than i paid for the whole machine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I asked them why that happens and they said it is because the clam basic is not made for high pressure like sublimation. Its a bummer since i started with sublimation now and that means high pressure from time to time. So i have to use medium pressure in the future to prevent that. The clam basic is also only made for fabrics, not metal plates etc... I pressed some metal sheets in it but it was 0.5mm aluminium, thinner than most fabrics.

They said in this case you have to replace the heating plate, if that ever happens to me i will of course not do that. It will costs me more than i paid for the whole machine.

Asked WHO? Sublimation doesn't use high pressure - sounds like someone is making excuses.

If you need to replace something so major on a £500 press after 14 months then the product isn't fit for purpose.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asked WHO? Sublimation doesn't use high pressure - sounds like someone is making excuses.

If you need to replace something so major on a £500 press after 14 months then the product isn't fit for purpose.
    Stahls Europe in germany. Some parts need high pressure, i will avoid those high pressure parts in the future.