Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. For Sale Silicone Mug Wraps
    By pisquee in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2018, 07:15 AM
  2. Silicone mug wraps for latte mugs really expensive!
    By brightday83 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-11-2016, 08:32 PM
  3. Silicone Wrap Help Please
    By bfos in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-08-2016, 12:48 PM
  4. Silicone Mug Wraps 11oz
    By k21john in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-12-2015, 02:36 PM
  5. DIY Silicone mat
    By Gelert in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 07:43 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silicone Mug wraps

Hello.

So yesterday I received four of the green silicone mug wraps. I ordered them because I have one particular design that I just cant delivery properly using our adkins studio mug press. Its annoyingly just a simple design, with "I" in black next to a solid red heart with "TANKS" at the bottom. The red heart comes out patchy.

So, I thought lets get these and try an oven. So in goes four mugs for the first try. I looked in various places online for temps and times and cant quite get a definative answer. So I use 190 degree Celsius, and take one out at 10 mins, 11 mins, and the last two at 12 mins as they are overdone.

The first one, was still patchy on the red heart and the black text a little. the next one was better on the red, but starting to brown on the blacks. The two others were clearly overdone, paper even turning brown.

So, I try the next four, taking them all out at 11 mins. One of them seems ok, the others are all slightly patchy and the papers are starting to brown again.

I am at the moment just using the kitchen oven. We have a double one, one fan assisted and one not. So I have used the non assisted one. I didn't really want to fork out for another oven for it to just sit unused because I cant work it right.

Should I try reducing the temp and increasing the time, or any other good advice would be more than welcome. Could it be that I am not getting the wraps off quick enough? Do they keep cooking if your too slow?

I can potentially have a steady stream of selling these, but if they are always like this its going to wipe out my margin, of even cost me at the rate of failures I have experienced.

Alex.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you need to trial 4 at a time? can you not patch print them ie reuse them to try the time/temp on the otherside of the mug? There was a big post about wraps the other day and Socialgiraffe put quite a lot of detail up about how long what oven setting etc he uses it, would be worth finding it and having a read.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Thanks I have read socialgiraffes posts. Along with some older ones and and couple off site. I tried four initially to allow me to stagger the times and then got carried away the second time.

I think tomorrow I'll drop to one at a time, start with a lower temp and try some more tests.

I'll put up the results.

Alex.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Best to start with one at a time, but personally, I'd have a real good look at that red heart in Photoshop. If it's patchy after pressing in the mug press AND the oven it may be that the image itself, or the print, is at fault. Could be down to jpeg artifacts if the image was copied from the net or elsewhere. Try masking off the red in Photoshop and filling with a solid red.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    Best to start with one at a time, but personally, I'd have a real good look at that red heart in Photoshop. If it's patchy after pressing in the mug press AND the oven it may be that the image itself, or the print, is at fault. Could be down to jpeg artifacts if the image was copied from the net or elsewhere. Try masking off the red in Photoshop and filling with a solid red.
    Good tip thanks, we designed the image from scratch on adobe illustrator so I know its not that. Although I may try and change the shade of red a bit to see the difference.

Alex.