Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. ICC Profiles
    By Bob700 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-01-2017, 11:05 PM
  2. Photoshop Mac - ICC Profiles
    By HedleyLamarr in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31-07-2015, 04:13 PM
  3. ICC profiles
    By twinsgran in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 31-12-2012, 09:37 PM
  4. ICC profiles
    By MissyH in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 11:20 AM
  5. Artanium Profiles
    By accdave in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-11-2009, 07:44 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ICC profiles for mac

Hi,
    We work with Windows and Mac OS. When printing to Ricoh's from the Macs we can't get good colour matches. We use Powerdriver on windows and the colour is really good.
    We really would like to print from the iMacs.

Can anyone recommend the right kit needed to produce my own profiles. I could get someone to produce one for me but I would really like to be able to tweak the profile for each substrate printed on.

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    We use a Color Munki in-house which creates a decent profile that you can tweak further. It has it's limitations though so we're looking at upgrading to an X-Rite i1Photo Pro 2 for far better profiles. This is where you really need to be :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks Justin.
    I've looked at the x-rite pro 2 and looks just the job. Is the kit easy to use. Do you test the printed sub paper colour chart or sublimate it first and test the finished printed item

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    You need to scan the final printed product, metal, board etc. to get an accurate reading. X-Rite told me you can generate a profile quickly with little knowledge but to get the most out of these you need to understand more about colour and get deeper in.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive got a profile done for my epson stylus pro 4400 .But I am not really happy with the results .Colours come out darker and when compairing with my 1500w prints 4400 prints are really bad..4400 is a 4 colour printer is that the reason my prints are darker and more yellow brownish ?..I am thinking to get a other icc done for this as I think the profile could be not so good.Ive got 2 profiles made for this so far from 2 different ppl the 1st one was really bad and worse than the original but Ive got 2nd done and bit better than the 1st one but still not up to the standerds ..Any sudgessions guys ??...Any recomandations ??.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Justine, do you know what the difference is between the basic pro 2 and the photo pro 2. I know you looked in to these. I’ve been looking at them both but can’t see much difference. The price is £500 cheaper for the basic.

Andy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Can't remember without looking at spec but I do remember you need the Photo Pro to do the icc profiles properly, might have just been software that unlocked that function.....and it's Justin by the way ;-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bloody autocorrect. So sorry Justin.
    I’ve just been delving a bit deeper and it looks like the basic is mainly for monitors and projectors. I’m gonna bite the bullet and get the photo pro 2 I think.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The other option is (which we use) Datacolor's Spyder Print (again the cheaper versions are jus for profiling monitors, you need to pay more money to do printers) With Spyder there is a different scanner for the printer than the one you use for the monitor. AFAIR they are priced about the same as the Munkis.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin,
    I use the ColorMunki as well, now wondering what limitations you find.......have I missed something?
    Janners