Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alexa with your business

Anyone else use this device/s to help in there sub business ?

We got them plastered all over the flat, as we now work from home.....
    In the office room, where the business/printing gets done, we got all equipment wired up though wemo plugs....so

when we want any of the heat equipment on/off - just need to say -

"alexa, turn on the mug press" - "alexa, turn on the heat ( flat bed ) press"
    "alexa, turn on the office light" - "alexa, turn on the fan one" "alexa, turn on the fan two" "alexa, turn on the epson printer"
    "alexa, turn on the ricoh printer" "alexa, turn on the extractor " "alexa, turn on the fan heater "

"alexa, turn on computer one" "alexa, turn on computer two" "alexa, turn on computer three" -
    The same commands to turn things OFF....obviously using the word OFF instead of ON

This had proved to be helpful, and practical in running business - as the switch for the large 40x60 flat bed press, is at the bloody back..meaning one has to lean over a hot press,with bare arm to turn switch off = burned arms - not any more - same with the switch for the double mug press, at the bloody back...

Besides all the office stuff....we got the hue coloured led bulbs in every light/lamp socket that's in here.....meaning some cool stuff with lighting can be had all through the flat - Got alexa to turn telly / sky on/off - stick kettle on/off, and it tells you when kettle boiled lol - and best bit....it can play music all through the flat at same time....similar to SONOS, but miles cheaper ;)...now thats some cool shit there, let me tell you friends

All led lights can be turned on/off single, or all at once.....
    Only thing that lets the alexa thing down...is the lack of info it gives - why we bought 2 google homes....one in office, other in lounge - now these things are superb at answering any info you require , as it used google to search...alexa used BING search engine...and we all know how crap that is !!

We also looking at the new echo spot that due out in UK 2018 - these wee things are what the echo show should have been - go google it friends

Embrace technology my forum friends - it is the future

ANYONE else use these machines to help in business ?
    Last edited by bigj2552; 27-10-2017 at 04:32 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No

We have a friend who is gadget crazy and he has them all over his house. Sitting in the bathroom, play "Rolling Stones" and the bloody thing starts playing Jumping Jack Flash. His wife hates them.
    Plus whatever you say is being listen to by Amazon or whoever ( Cheltenham? ) . Imaging a friend comes into your place and says something about wishing someone dead. ( Just suppose). That is now on your record as mixing with terrorists. Maybe Im paranoid but I dont fancy having everything said in my work place or house being listened in to.

Maybe they are helpful at work to turn your kettle on but, to be honest, Who Cares.

Maybe Im old fashioned, these are just my thoughts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    bigj...Alexa, turn on heat press.

alexa...do you know that FBA can increase your business on Amazon.

bigj....p**s off alexa.

alexa...your freezer has been turned off.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GoonerGary For This Useful Post:

Paul (28-10-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I developed my own system, called 'SUE.'

'SUE,' change to BBC1.'

'SUE,' switch the lamp on.'

'SUE,' feed the dog.'

'SUE,' bring me a beer.'

I mean, what else are wives for? :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    love it guys....rofl
    na, i was being serious.....

not just a gimmick, it really helps turning things on/off without the hassle of actually doing it, and getting bloody burned in the process, with the heat press's eps -when the products are getting cooked, and eps mouse mats, as they stink to hell in damnation - fans on/off without leaning over other dam things to get to switch's - so much so, i have bought a respirator, with the filters attached either side, for myself and the girls here when cooking these things - and thats with windows open,fans going.....;(

it just takes another thing out of the equation when one is busy - hell if they could only do the washing, make the coffee, feed me, life would be great - yep,in other 20 yr or so,we might get that level of home automation friends, as in, robots for the home - but by that time, i really wont be giving a shit @ 70 ;(

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just bought an Echo Dot + TP-Link Smart Plug from Amazon's Black Friday deal and saved £30 on the whole deal.

The plug works great and I was thinking of trying it in our static caravan so that I can ask Alexa at home to turn on an electric fan heater to warm the caravan through before we arrive. We have internet in the caravan via wifinity, so I should (I hope!) be able to add the plug as a wifinity device, as I have already done with the Fire Stick in the caravan's tv.

Hell, if it works, I may even by an Echo Dot for the caravan and then we can use it to its full advantage, including making calls to, and receiving calls from my daughter's Echo Dots.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha

Im a bit of a gadget freak myself, but haven't gone that far (yet)

I have Hue Lights and Alexa to do some stuff, but nothing particularly adventurous.

I have my 86 year old uncle living with me who I look after ( has Dementia) , and he always stitches radios on and off and mucks up the channels etc, and messes with he lights - so, has been great to play the music he loves via Alexa, and to control his lights etc