Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Etsy Store
    By Mikejohno1 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 21-08-2017, 09:25 PM
  2. Etsy Folksy NOTHS
    By GoonerGary in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-10-2014, 09:18 PM
  3. Our New Shop
    By TjCanvas in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25-02-2014, 07:58 PM
  4. Etsy the new Ebay ?
    By GoldRapt in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-07-2012, 11:34 AM
  5. shop software
    By smitch6 in forum Software
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 25-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Etsy Shop Suspended!

So we have been told that our Etsy shop has been suspended.

"Due to sufficient overlapping information between your account and the other Etsy account in question, we consider these accounts related.I cannot disclose our internal review criteria, but the strength of the overlapping information connecting these accounts has led us to determine that you are either the owner of this other account or are operating on the owner's behalf.
    We are unable to reconsider this determination, and this decision is final"

I have no idea whatsoever as to what they are talking about and can only assume someone has stolen all of out designs and set up another shop. We're not related to any other shop in any way.

Our Etsy shop brings in 50% of our monthly revenue so this is crippling us right now.

Surely I have the right to know what I'm being accused of and shouldn't they have to show me some sort of evidence?!

Has anyone any experience of this? I Google the problem and the advice seems to be give up, no chance, forget it, move on...really not want I need to hear!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try and get hold of someone in their Dublin office over the phone if you can as i'm sure that's where the decision makers are +353 15137100

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will not be to do with designs.

Their overlapping information will be to do with things like addresses, credit cards, ip access, emails etc.

This would indicate that they think your current account is associated with a previously banned or suspended account.

As long as accounts are in good standing you can open as many shops as you want as long as the email address is different. I have 2 different shops without a problem.

Have you previously been banned or suspended and tried to open another account without first dealing with the issues of the other account?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Nope, this shop came as part of a business purchase.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you logged in to Etsy using a public wifi such as a business centre or at a trade fair?

I had a problem once with Ebay. I used to do a craft fair at Abergavenny market and you could use it's free wifi. Another trader logged into Ebay through it as well as me and a couple of months later we both had our Ebay accounts suspened

Apparently because we both logged in on the same ip address, both lived in Abergavenny and both used the same bank Ebay decided we were the same people and suspended us.

It took quite a while for the issue to be resolved - it took quite a while before we could work out what had happened because Ebay does not give out a lot of information on a suspension.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    No, nothing out of the ordinary.

They just keep saying they won't share any details as though they have me banged to rights...but they can't have!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, this shop came as part of a business purchase.
    Could the person who ran the previous business have started up again, but hasn't paid the bills?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody Hell Justin, sounds like a nightmare, just out of interest have you tried searching for similar items on Etsy, to see if you can see anyone who is using your images ??
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A few things. When you have more than one shop on Etsy, you must be transparent and publish all links to other Etsy shops in your About Me bio.

You must not sell identical items in your additional shops.

It's probably related to the activities of the newly purchased shop. Are you allowed to buy a shop? What else have those registration details on Etsy been used for?

Did the previous owner sell the business to you and set up another identical shop with the same registration details and designs?

Nightmare mate, just as Christmas is picking up. Hopefully this can be resolved soon.
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 04-11-2017 at 12:07 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Are all your items truly hand-made Justin (a primary requirement of etsy) or are any bought in ready-made and sold on?

Do you dropship anything on etsy? Another no-no.