Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Etsy Store
    By Mikejohno1 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 21-08-2017, 09:25 PM
  2. Etsy Folksy NOTHS
    By GoonerGary in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-10-2014, 09:18 PM
  3. Our New Shop
    By TjCanvas in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25-02-2014, 07:58 PM
  4. Etsy the new Ebay ?
    By GoldRapt in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-07-2012, 11:34 AM
  5. shop software
    By smitch6 in forum Software
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 25-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    None of our products are bought ready made. No, we don't dropship off here for anyone else.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you purchased the business from someone else it might be because of that. I'll have a look and see if I can find Etsy's statement about it but I remember on one of the Etsy Facebook groups, a shop got shut down because she bought it from another seller. She was creating the products by hand but Etsy still closed it down.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The reason they're giving is another account was shut down and we are so closely associated with this other shop by association we have been suspended!

Shower of sh&^e this company. I called the Ireland number, sounding like one guy sat in his bedroom. He gave me the support email address! doh!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've done this more than a few times to sellers who access their Etsy shop from a shared IP address. Could it be something like that?

You could try requesting a call back

[h=Contact Us by Phone]1[/h]In the US, Etsy phone support operates 7 days a week:

• Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm Eastern US time
    • Saturday and Sunday 10am to 6pm Eastern US time

To use the "Request a Phone Call" tool:
    1.) Sign in to your account and go to Etsy’s contact page. It's linked at the bottom of this page.
    2.) Choose What can we help you with? and any other topics that are relevant to your issue.
    3.) Click Request a Phone Call to get to the request form.
    4.) Provide your name, phone number, and a brief description of your issue.
    We aim to call you back within 15 minutes of your request at the number you share with us. Our call will come from 800-328-5933.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I don't see any telephone contact whatsoever when I log in, everything is directed towards email. Is this for sellers or buyers? Looking through their own help files there is a section for filing a dispute, these says to go to contact section at the bottom of the page but that isn't there either! GRRR!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's for sellers (I'm not sure if buyers can request a call back). They might have re-routed everything because of the suspension.

About a third of the way down on this page there's an alternative way to get to the call back option which might work for you instead

https://techboomers.com/t/how-to-contact-etsy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel sorry for you m8.....
    i,m just shocked you even get 50% of any income on there tbh.
    Most we could ever get was round 10/12% - crap !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yeah, our Etsy shop is very busy..usually!

Someone else has responded to me now and they appear to be a little more helpful. They're still intimating at multiple stores but we'll see!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope you get it sorted soon. This is the worst time for this to happen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just from what you've posted, it sounds like the previous owner may well have done something not good, and had an account suspended. Thats been linked to the one he sold to you. Etsy will keep previous data from when names are changed etc, and still have this linked to the account. This stops people having multiple bad accounts. So if you bought your account from 'John Smith' and then changed the account name to 'Justin From Shetland', John Smith will still always and forever be linked to the account. The same is done by eBay.

Further, Etsy terms say:

'D. You are responsible for your account. You’re solely responsible for any activity on your account. If you’re sharing an account with other people, then the person whose billing information is on the account will ultimately be responsible for all activity. If you’re registering as a business entity, you personally guarantee that you have the authority to agree to the Terms on behalf of the business. Also, your accounts are not transferable.'

from
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/legal/terms-of-use

So if you ring them up and say 'but we're not linked to any other account' they'll know that's wrong.
    If you say you created the account, they'll also know that, and tell you to look at the main one they suspended.
    If you say you purchased the account fair and square, they'll say that against their terms anyway.

In my Sunday morning opinion you'll be lucky to get it opened again. I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's the reality.

Options? Depends on weather the account was important, to the product. If the products can be sold on any account (ie the number of return customers is next to nil, and products not instantly link-able to old account) and you have listings backup, then create a stealth account, wait 48 hours, list 5 things, wait 48 hours etc.

If you really need this account, then keep going. Etsy is only really interested in the share holders now. If you're on Twitter, start by going to the CEO who is
    @jgsilverman but your time may be better spent creating a stealth account, selling else where etc.
    I would also email previous owner and ask them outright if they've fornicated up.