Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Etsy Store
    By Mikejohno1 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 21-08-2017, 09:25 PM
  2. Etsy Folksy NOTHS
    By GoonerGary in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-10-2014, 09:18 PM
  3. Our New Shop
    By TjCanvas in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25-02-2014, 07:58 PM
  4. Etsy the new Ebay ?
    By GoldRapt in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-07-2012, 11:34 AM
  5. shop software
    By smitch6 in forum Software
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 25-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Just from what you've posted, it sounds like the previous owner may well have done something not good, and had an account suspended. Thats been linked to the one he sold to you. Etsy will keep previous data from when names are changed etc, and still have this linked to the account. This stops people having multiple bad accounts. So if you bought your account from 'John Smith' and then changed the account name to 'Justin From Shetland', John Smith will still always and forever be linked to the account. The same is done by eBay.

Further, Etsy terms say:

'D. You are responsible for your account. You’re solely responsible for any activity on your account. If you’re sharing an account with other people, then the person whose billing information is on the account will ultimately be responsible for all activity. If you’re registering as a business entity, you personally guarantee that you have the authority to agree to the Terms on behalf of the business. Also, your accounts are not transferable.'

from
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/legal/terms-of-use

So if you ring them up and say 'but we're not linked to any other account' they'll know that's wrong.
    If you say you created the account, they'll also know that, and tell you to look at the main one they suspended.
    If you say you purchased the account fair and square, they'll say that against their terms anyway.

In my Sunday morning opinion you'll be lucky to get it opened again. I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's the reality.

Options? Depends on weather the account was important, to the product. If the products can be sold on any account (ie the number of return customers is next to nil, and products not instantly link-able to old account) and you have listings backup, then create a stealth account, wait 48 hours, list 5 things, wait 48 hours etc.

If you really need this account, then keep going. Etsy is only really interested in the share holders now. If you're on Twitter, start by going to the CEO who is
    @jgsilverman but your time may be better spent creating a stealth account, selling else where etc.
    I would also email previous owner and ask them outright if they've fornicated up.
    That's some very good info Drew. A very good example of not to buy an existing site on Ebay or Etsy.

Good luck Justin. A s**t situation to be in and just before xmas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    JIf you really need this account, then keep going. Etsy is only really interested in the share holders now. If you're on Twitter, start by going to the CEO who is @jgsilverman but your time may be better spent creating a stealth account, selling else where etc.
    Thought this was a great idea thank you...unfortunately I can't send him a message unless he follows me! :-(
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Thought this was a great idea thank you...unfortunately I can't send him a message unless he follows me! :-(
    Mention him in a tweet with a brief overview of what the issue is, and the etsy team will be back to you. Looking at his mentions on twitter, the etsy customer care team respond to his mentions, and they're probably not going to have the standard, outsourced people monitoring his account (I would suspect). Put the @ username first in the tweet, and it won't normally appear in your followers timeline as well :)
    Last edited by Drew; 07-11-2017 at 01:52 PM. Reason: left word out DOH!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin, I was thinking about you and your Etsy shop and wondered if any progress had been made?

A truly horrible thing to happen at any time, but so much worse at this time of year.

Regards,

Ray

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Thank you Ray, much appreciated. Thank you also to everyone else that posted help and suggestions.

I got the shop back reinstated last night!

I'll posts again later with details of what I had to do.....never jumped through so many hoops!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

GoonerGary (11-11-2017), Maidiniceland (12-11-2017)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome news Justin. Hopefully you can make up some of the lost sales. ;-)

Alex.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Thank you Ray, much appreciated. Thank you also to everyone else that posted help and suggestions.

I got the shop back reinstated last night!

I'll posts again later with details of what I had to do.....never jumped through so many hoops!
    Absolutely fantastic news...Really pleased for you. What a nightmare!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Justin,

Sorry for pop-up this old topic but I am in big problem and I need your help. I have similar situation with Etsy how they close my shops, basically it's 70% of my income. If you could help me and give me some details how you managed to get in contact with responsible person? I was working 2 years with Etsy and didn't had any problems, but now they suspend my shop and nobody reply to me. I just need to get in contact with live personal nor robot where I can explain my situation.
    I already send you DM. When you will have free time your help would be such appreciated. Thank you

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I did get your PM but haven't had chance to reply yet. In a nutshell perseverance. Everyone tells you Etsy won't release your shop. Etsy will ignore you and won't respond. As I probably detailed above, I called every office I could find and tried to make a nuisance of myself.

They've been on the verge of suspending us again recently for copyright issues. My designs are 100% original and I have written permission from the designer/artist but because one person/company have decided their design is similar, they've got Etsy to remove items and threaten to suspend me. The companies don't respond to my emails and don't have to. I thought if they were making these claims they would have to back it up but alas no. I wonder if I did this to my competitors if Etsy would back me up?!

I wish you the best of luck but in all honesty I'd put my efforts into working on my own website. Etsy isn't what it was, we get more sales from other similar sites nowadays.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Justin for your reply. I wont give up on this, because I didn't do anything wrong, if it will be necessary I could go to their office in Dublin to meet in person and explain everything, but let's hope it won't be necessary :). Could you give some details how you managed to get shop back? It was after you talked with legal office by phone or they ask you to send some documents to prove it? How do you find person who has permission to unblock shop, by phone or by e-mail? Sorry for disturbing you with this questions, but I want to get some more information before tomorrow when I will start my quest for unblocking. Every detail would be helpful. Also I wish you that you wont get suspended again on Etsy due to copyright.