Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Black spot on mug after sublimation
    By Jaydeep1726 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-01-2017, 12:59 PM
  2. Hi all I'm Adam and brand new to this.
    By adamctid in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26-11-2014, 05:27 PM
  3. how to spot a sub seller ?
    By bigj2552 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14-03-2014, 06:01 PM
  4. difference and the best ?
    By bigj2552 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26-02-2012, 09:40 AM
  5. Same difference?
    By edgar in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-01-2010, 08:17 PM

Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, would you adam and eve it? Spot the difference

I bought some A3 sublimation paper from a major supplier on Amazon recently and been happily print my 11 inch clocks with it. Today though there were some water type marks on the clocks and I thought that maybe the paper had got damp with the changes in temperature.

Took a closer look at the pack and even read the packaging and not a sign of the word sublimation on the pack. Just states it high quality photo paper.

Umm I thought, surely not. So I used some of my Go Inkjet 180gsm glossy photo paper that I use for prints and posters and hey presto it worked. And worked really well on aluminium bookmarks. If anything the Go inkjet paper gave a deeper colour than the known sublimation paper that I use in my A4 printer.

Can you spot the difference. The top book mark was printed using a brand name sublimation paper and the bottom bookmark was printed using Go Inkjet glossy photo paper.

I'm putting them both through the dishwasher tonight to see how stable the colours. If they hold fast then tomorrow I'll test the paper on an aluminium clock.

If the photo paper is as good as it first promise I'm going to save a fortune because I buy the paper in bulk amounts that gives me really good prices.

I seriously wasn't expecting photo paper to do the job of sublimation transfer paper so well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Customprintwales For This Useful Post:

greenroom (11-11-2017), RuthWinchester (12-11-2017)