Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. copyright issues
    By guarddog14 in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-12-2012, 06:34 PM
  2. copyright needed ????
    By bigj2552 in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 10:08 PM
  3. copyright
    By guarddog14 in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 31-01-2012, 02:47 PM
  4. Copyright Permisions
    By Lee in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 27-09-2011, 12:33 PM
  5. Copyright and how do they get away with it?
    By Karen. in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 03:10 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Copyright Disclaimer?

So a customer asks you to do some prints, mugs, t-shirts etc. This happens quite often for many of us I'm sure.

Quite often it's quite easy to realise the customer doesn't own the copyright - Disney, DeWalt etc. But, sometimes you're given artwork and have absolutely no idea what it is!

Is there a 'disclaimer' one can get signed by the customer to say the artwork isn't copyright or that they own it and take full responsibility?

Cheers

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure a Socialgiraffe will pop along soon and state what I believe is the best way of dealing with this. Who are we to police copyright. Yes the obvious ones you can steer clear of. If someone wants their logo printed to a mug and provide you with the image you have to assume they have the permission to use the logo. For all you know they have got the image as a proof from a designer and then come to you for the mugs. The designer may well have copyright until the logo is actually paid for. You could not be held responsible in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, perhaps I should have done a search first :)

Regards

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember getting a photo printed on cake by ASDA for my sons birthday a couple of years ago and they had a disclaimer for copyright I had to sign. Was pretty crazy really as it was a photo of him but I guess they just got everyone to sign it. I suppose its one of those things that adds a layer of protection, maybe if only to deter people from trying it even if its not legally binding.

Alex.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I posted a link for a disclaimer in a previous discussion. Obviously don't copy it word for word!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just state on my product page that by sending the image to be printed to me, you are confirming that you have the rights to those images and / or permission from the image owner.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am sure a Socialgiraffe will pop along soon and state what I believe is the best way of dealing with this.
    nah LOL

On a serious note, it has pretty much been answered already. As long as it says in your T&Cs that it is the purchaser's responsibility to obtain any copyright permission required then you can print what they request (even if it is a recognised brand).
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all, will search the forum and produce something :)