Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Frustrated by local supplier so want my own set up
    By The iBox in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-08-2014, 03:15 PM
  2. Frustrated newbie
    By Muzzy333 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-06-2013, 02:21 PM
  3. Just getting started and am super frustrated :(
    By lemontdetroit84 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 09:35 AM
  4. Frustrated from Wiltshire!
    By GazHyde in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frustrated

Hi everyone. Im new to the forum so hi to you all :-)
    I am losing the will to live here lol.
    Ive been testing different times and temps on my brand new Galaxy Mug Press Pro (GS-203). Im using a Sawgrass SG400 printer with subliJetHD inks. All settings have been checked and checked again. I use Creative Studio to finalise the prints as suggested by Sawgrass. I use the Virtual Print Manager again all set up correctly. My issue isnt with printing which after a week of tweaking I think ive finally managed to sort out lol. My question is about temp and times on my press. The mugs I am currently using are from Subliblanks and their suggestion is 180-185 degrees for 160 seconds. Ive tried both settings but my blacks look brown almost. Im currently using 185 degrees for 160 seconds but im just wondering if I need to turn the temp down. If I do that do I increase the time or leave it still at 160? Ive tried so many settings now ive forgot which ones ive tried and gone through virtually a whole box of mugs. Can anyone help me ? Oh and so sorry for the long post x

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Sawgrass Ricoh inks cook at a slightly lower temp so I'd bring this down, maybe 160 for 160. Blacks do go brown when overlooked.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also check in your artwork that the blacks are 100% black and not a blend of all the other colors to make black.

Sent from my K10 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will try turning down the temp tomorrow. Thanks. The black issue I'm having is mainly from text. I use standard word fonts in a square template. Not sure if it's a font choice issue. Will just have to keep testing I guess. Expensive experiment though lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Moonlite82,
    I have a similar setup to you, the same mug press, the older Ricoh, Sawgrass Inks, TruPix paper, I use BMS and Listerwood mugs printing from Photoshop, cooking at 180C for 120sec
    I get good results, only rejects I get are from my own mistakes
    Who's paper do you use?
    Kevin

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kevin :-) I'm currently using dye sub paper from subliblanks but have got some tex print r samples that have just arrived today. It's the pre cut papers. I've also got some listawood aaa samples to try. Again I'm currently using 11oz Durham mugs from subliblanks. Gonna give the new paper and mug a go and see what happens. Will try your time settings thanks. I'm using the virtuosic print manager to print and also creative studio to import my images into for printing. For editing I'm using a combination of gimp for resizing images only and then the sublirip software for text and design. It's all saved then imported into creative studio for printing. A bit long winded but sawgrass recommended using the VPM and creative studio to get the icc profiles right. The sublirip software is very good and easy to use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I don't even think I need gimp as I can resize images using the sublirip software. I may even just do that lol. Gimp seems to drop my dpi resolution when resizing and sublirip doesnt

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us know how you get on today with your new samples, if he mugs look the same, it might be best not to use all of the samples until a different change is figured out

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will do thank you.Im gonna print one using my current setup I will just drop the temp first at a lower time. I will then try on a different mug and see what happens. Will do the same with the paper too. Yet more testing today then lol x

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've all been there......Good Luck!