Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hp 3805

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hp 3805

Hi folks

I have had a chinese press for little over 2 years and now the wear and tear is taking its toll although it has served me well to be fair, pressure adjustment is dodgy and if i turn it on for say 20 seconds and let the temp rise to say 70f, turn it off, leave for a minute then turn it back on, the temp says 88f lol so yeah time for a new press ( when I get the funds)

Anyway the HP3805 from BMS, I have been looking at this and read through the threads on here and so far there haven't been many complaints (apart from the weight!)

I'm just wondering if, down the line from those of you who use it, still think its a good machine to have in your arsenal, I cant afford anything more than the £500.00 whereas an equivalent quality press is another couple of hundred and the 3805 is A3 with pull out drawer which is another great selling point!
    I will be doing a mixed bag with this, shirts, tiles, coasters etc and it seems ideal for the price

cheers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As always, this press gets a big thumbs up from us.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hotronix cap is also a good model. Costing $845 which is within your range.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah I think the hp looks a good heavy duty machine which should last a good few years at least and looks great for the price so it's on my shopping list. I was looking at the galaxy range of presses but the hp looks more value for money and more heavy duty and cheaper so all good in my books, just a shame there are no decent reviews on it on youtube. i did find a couple with the same name namely hp3805b and i've never seen such an ugly press in all my life lol

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been using this a year now too and cant fault it. It did play up a little but its because the pressure was uneven. I took the bottom plate totally off and reattached it which seems to have solved the problem. When I did it though one of the bolts thread wasn't great so I think I will need to do something more next time. Should be good for a while yet though.

Alex.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching this with great interest as i will (hopefully) be ordering one in the next 10 days or so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only concern with this is that it's a Chinese press but not seen any bad points as yet on here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So are Adkins presses. They are all made in China nowadays. We only have good things to say about this press at this price point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well looks like I know what my next press is going to be, I think its a bargain given its size and pull out sleeve, I take it the heat plate has uniform heat center to edge, haven't seen any reports to the contrary regarding the press, but in saying that my Chinese press isn't exactly pin point so its not a biggie but still good to have a decent heat plate that does the job.

I think I will be going for this press, all I need to do now is re-inforce the floor so it don't fall through it lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've whined about ours in the past. We stopped using it once we got the Adkins A2 but have started using it again alongside the Adkins and to be fair it's doing a very good job. My main bugbear has always been that the base platen is made of soft metal whilst the bolt that holds it is steel and chewed into the thread until the hole became oval and wouldn't tighten any longer. BMS did replace the base platen and so far so good, but I can foresee it happening again. Overall though it's still performing very well with the bonus that it heats up a fair bit quicker than the a2 so is handy for short runs when both aren't required or if I forgot something during the days pressing.

As for the weight, I carried it solo up two flights of stairs *Hulk* .... well I say carried ...... huffed, puffed, shoved, swore and wrangled until it was up, would be more accurate. We're building a new workshop in the new year so I'm gonna have to carry it back down again along with the Adkins (which is like lifting a stiff baby giraffe that's doing the splits). I say carry it down .......
    Last edited by Lucifax; 04-12-2017 at 10:27 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucifax For This Useful Post:

Disky (05-12-2017), paul 44 (06-12-2017), SteveWright0377 (27-12-2017)