Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hp 3805

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on this.

After two years exactly it's now been replaced by an Adkins. To be fair it has had a tough last six months and has paid for itself over and over, but it's pretty much ready for the scrapper.

Main faults at time of death .....

Massive cool spot on left lower 1/4 of heat plate.
    Handle hits top of heat plate when pressing, trapping fingers if not careful, giving a jolly "CLANGGGGG" with every press.
    Handle very loose and jams half way when raised preventing press from opening fully.
    Handle at an angle, about 20 degrees off level.
    Allen screws securing sliding bed to runners keep falling out under use.

No complaints really though, it's done it's job up until now. Our A2 Adkins hasn't been trouble free, but that was just a phone call to Adkins and parts arrived next day. I don't feel the HP3805 is worth repairing .... or even if the parts are readily available ..... Had a brief look and the handle appears welded so can't see how to remove it to get the cowel off to attempt a fix. It's really all down to wether you feel 2 years is reasonable for a £500 pound press. I think it's done ok for the price but a used or reconned Adkins would be my preference now with hindsight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the review ��.

The top cower you refer to is fixed on with 5 or 6 Allen key headed self tapping screws now so these are easily removable. The handle is fixed to the main body by two larger Allen key headed screw threaded bolts so these can be tigtened if the handle does come
    loose with use.

We do have spares available but only small quantities of some parts so it would depend on what the issues were and if we could supply from stock quickly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I wasn't expecting a reply, but that's great to know there are bits available for it, even if I had to wait for them, that makes a world of difference. I may get around to dismantling it if I get time. To be fair, if I can reposition the handle it's useable once again, so I'll probably give it a go and keep it as backup for the other two. I really do miss the pull out base platen, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    Thanks for the review ��.

The top cower you refer to is fixed on with 5 or 6 Allen key headed self tapping screws now so these are easily removable. The handle is fixed to the main body by two larger Allen key headed screw threaded bolts so these can be tigtened if the handle does come
    loose with use.

We do have spares available but only small quantities of some parts so it would depend on what the issues were and if we could supply from stock quickly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul 44 View Post
    Well looks like I know what my next press is going to be, I think its a bargain given its size and pull out sleeve, I take it the heat plate has uniform heat center to edge, haven't seen any reports to the contrary regarding the press, but in saying that my Chinese press isn't exactly pin point so its not a biggie but still good to have a decent heat plate that does the job.

I think I will be going for this press, all I need to do now is re-inforce the floor so it don't fall through it lol
    Got myself one of these ordered today, cannot wait for it to arrive. Did you end up purchasing one in the end Paul? If so how are you finding it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought an HP 3803 and could not be more pleased with it, the pull out bottom and auto open are fantastic, it's a joy to use
    Children are bit bit like flatulence....you can just about put up with your own