Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Graphtec CE6000-40 problem
    By kermit in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-09-2015, 12:12 AM
  2. CE6000-4- print & cut
    By kermit in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-08-2015, 10:05 PM
  3. Graphtec CE6000 Cut settings?
    By tlworkwear in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Graphtec CE6000 to Print & Cut

Hello Guys,

Currently on an edge between getting a CE6000 or a BN20, Just having a look over the pro's of the CE and see that they are very proud of the ARMS system. Now I was considering a Roland BN 20 for print and cut. Had a brilliant quote on it last week, £4,449 +vat with loads of extra's

But then the ARMS system on the CE.... what printer would I need to print then contour with the CE, and does anyone here do it?

Thanks
    Daryl
    I have a short attention span.... HEY LOOK A PLANE!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I was curious about the Graphtec CE6000 mentioned above so had a look at their webste.

OMG! Is that right? £100 for a blade holder. Nearly £100 for a blade. Nearly £100 just for a pen holder - minus the pen! My Silver Bullet has more than twice the cutting force of the Graphtec, cuts loads more materials and blades last for ages and are only £10 each to replace. Honestly, I think the Graphtec consumables are way too expensive. Reminds me of cheap printers with extortionate prices for ink cartridges.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

dazzul (27-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    I was curious about the Graphtec CE6000 mentioned above so had a look at their webste.

OMG! Is that right? £100 for a blade holder. Nearly £100 for a blade. Nearly £100 just for a pen holder - minus the pen! My Silver Bullet has more than twice the cutting force of the Graphtec, cuts loads more materials and blades last for ages and are only £10 each to replace. Honestly, I think the Graphtec consumables are way too expensive. Reminds me of cheap printers with extortionate prices for ink cartridges.
    I get mine from here
    http://www.edwardmathias.com/plotterblades.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quinsfan For This Useful Post:

dazzul (27-11-2017), garyuk (21-02-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzul View Post
    Hello Guys,

Currently on an edge between getting a CE6000 or a BN20, Just having a look over the pro's of the CE and see that they are very proud of the ARMS system. Now I was considering a Roland BN 20 for print and cut. Had a brilliant quote on it last week, £4,449 +vat with loads of extra's

But then the ARMS system on the CE.... what printer would I need to print then contour with the CE, and does anyone here do it?

Thanks
    Daryl
    Check out ominiprint Freejet printers and CE6000 as well. They have great offers for blades too. https://store.omniprintonline.com/co...nt=45978434374
    Last edited by kinyo; 26-11-2017 at 03:26 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kinyo For This Useful Post:

dazzul (27-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I haver the CE6000-60 and can't fault it. It's a superb bit of kit. I print labels etc. through my wide format and then put them through the Graphic registration cut system.

You're comparing 2 very different machines. The BN20 is known for being painfully slow so unless you want a few prints here and there I'd personally look more at the Mimaki range for not much more money.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

dazzul (27-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    oif you want to cut vinyl, go for the Graphtec. it is fast and will last forever.
    blades from a few pounds, but the £30 ones are probably best value.
    You can print and cut using it, with proper alignment marks, - but that is were the Roland will win out as it makes life a lot simpler. It is however REALLY slow - and limited media choices in 24inch.
    see if you can stretch to a bigger roland - taking at least 700mm media so you will have much more media choice, and a faster machine too.
    should be able to get 2nd user for similar budget...
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

11. The Following User Says Thank You to logobear For This Useful Post:

dazzul (27-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never dabbled with ink on vinyl before, so ive seen you need printable vinyl, but thought it was a speical ink and printer that was needed? Is that wrong, what can you recommened ?

Plus thanks for all the above replies! :)

Graphtec ill get in the next week or so from MDP
    Last edited by dazzul; 27-11-2017 at 12:34 AM.
    I have a short attention span.... HEY LOOK A PLANE!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dazzul For This Useful Post:

kinyo (27-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The printable media is rougghly the same price as coloured vinyl, but there is the ink on top ..... but the big cartridges do last for ages.
    A cut only machine will be much faster .... but limited to single colour, - but also much easier to use ! - getting your head round cut lines round graphics can be a big learn!
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

15. The Following User Says Thank You to logobear For This Useful Post:

dazzul (30-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had exactly the same choice to make and almost went graphtec but so glad I got the bn20 instead, can do so much more than just a cutter can. It's desktop size means it fits nicely in limited space and the choice of media available is fine, if you want something that's not in its size range just ask the supplier to cut it down for you, almost all do this. Print is high quality, not fast but between printing cutting weeding and applying if you plan your workload it's not a big issue. Bigger is great if you have the space, all depends on your anticipated use

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mr-gobby For This Useful Post:

dazzul (30-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bn20 much small and only get 460mm out of 500mm media, much waste so makes media cost high