Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. MDF Coasters
    By ScotTs in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2017, 10:46 AM
  2. 9cm coasters
    By robhil in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-03-2017, 08:36 PM
  3. Coasters
    By GoonerGary in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 15-02-2014, 12:08 PM
  4. new coasters
    By smitch6 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Massive buying power here is we could source something else....
    Subli.co.uk did the UK coasters with a hard back. I've just finished my stash and they were fine. They don't stock them any more, so like all of you I'm looking for a new supply. Wentworth Puzzles I think manufactured them. Only downside was that you got the occasional scorched cutting marks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'm testing a few suppliers right now to see if anything can compare with the Unisub (as was)

Has anyone ascertained how and why this Unisubs were changed? Forgive me if this has already been answered.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm testing a few suppliers right now to see if anything can compare with the Unisub (as was)

Has anyone ascertained how and why this Unisubs were changed? Forgive me if this has already been answered.

jo@bms is looking into it
    and they (bms own coasters) are not supposed to be from, or anything to do with unisub justin

as other post...have bought load of heat tape from another different supplier, just to see if there batch is less tacky than this lot...it does happen, and we all know the tape is manufactured in china, and consistency aint there main game plan over there .

if you find another supplier that sells these type of coasters,at the same price as bms own make ones, i will be willing to take 1000 at a time minimum..if we all chip in with similar or more quantity's, well....samples first obviously !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigj2552 View Post
    to expensive ! - sorry but true...compared to the bms own make ones
    Which BMS coasters have you been buying and what what price? Listawood are 60p each and you get a further 10% off that?

This latest box are the first I've seen with this issue and I've done a few boxes this year, same type, same supplier etc.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which BMS coasters have you been buying and what what price? Listawood are 60p each and you get a further 10% off that?

This latest box are the first I've seen with this issue and I've done a few boxes this year, same type, same supplier etc.
    Just 40p from BMS and as low as 36p

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    .......but still faulty?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .......but still faulty?
    It does sound like the glue on the tape from some source is leaving a residue or is too tacky now under heat. Tests at 200 degrees for 60 seconds with the same batch by us and manufacturers haven’t replicated issue. I know others contacted Unisub but don’t know if there was any response. We’ve sent a roll of our tape to 2 on DSF to test further so will await further feedback.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Just tested these coasters from Sole Juice linked below. Quality of these seems very good. Possible not quite up to Unisub but not far off. Reverse on these is lighter. I tested removing tape whilst warm and also cold. Very little noticeable damage. If I'm being critical there was a slight mark but I doubt most would notice.

https://solejuice.com/products/multi...d-back-90x90mm

I'd advise getting a few to test with your own setup, tape etc. but works well for me.

I mentioned that I'd tried the Subli Blanks ones as well with a black back. These weren't as good and appeared to snap quite easily but on the upside the backs don't mark when the tape is removed!

Image below shows SoleJuice coaster above the Unisub, SJ coaster has been sublimated and tape removed cold here.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Justin; 01-12-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    It does sound like the glue on the tape from some source is leaving a residue or is too tacky now under heat. Tests at 200 degrees for 60 seconds with the same batch by us and manufacturers haven’t replicated issue. I know others contacted Unisub but don’t know if there was any response. We’ve sent a roll of our tape to 2 on DSF to test further so will await further feedback.
    http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...ng-Worse/page4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    update : still the same with your green tape i,m afraid...
    tell you what - why dont you guys post up a video on here, from start to finish of you guys doing 2/3 coasters without cutting any of the vid out at all..
    then let us see it for ourselves please...
    i can do the same if needed...you already have one, but i can do another with your green stuff if you want ;)

EDIT...
    just got the other rolls of brown heat tape in today, from other supplier - this is way less tacky than the brown stuff i have here...even the green stuff jo sent is more tacky than this new brown tape SO.... coasters are def the problem

awaiting the vid so i/we/others can see what the results you guys get
    Last edited by bigj2552; 02-12-2017 at 04:30 PM.