Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. MDF Coasters
    By ScotTs in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2017, 11:46 AM
  2. 9cm coasters
    By robhil in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-03-2017, 09:36 PM
  3. Coasters
    By GoonerGary in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 15-02-2014, 01:08 PM
  4. new coasters
    By smitch6 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    YES!!!! It is happening to all our BMS coasters as well and ODDLY enough we put in a complaint to BMS about the backing issue just last week. We have been talking to Scott who hopefully will look into it. We as well changed over to the BMS coasters about a year ago due to the same thing happening with Unisub.

We "presume" that the BMS coasters are coming from the same manufacturer as the Unisub ones and they use the same backing.

It is again a MAJOR issue as complaints from clients are coming in.

Hot or cold peel makes no difference and we all know useless the Unisub jig is.

Any news from Scott I will post but please also complain as well so they know it is a serious issue.

AH...so it not just us then....thank for that !
    Funny thing is...they started out great....and i mean GREAT ! - hot or cold peel not one bit o coaster came off....
    So wth has changed ?

Hold on a sec - I thought the BMS own make coasters were from totally different supplier other than unisub ?
    Or they were getting them made themselves ?
    I,m sure thats what they were saying at the time they announced they were making there "own" brand of coasters - and they DEF WILL NOT
    have the same probs the unisub ones have

I didnt imagine that now did i ?

And it will not be long before we also will start to get complaints in from punters...as they are getting worse with each bloody order
    Same as unisub - nothing works - apply tape lightly, apply just enough at edges, changed tape etc..

The big question is - we need to buy coasters tomorrow - so which is worse - bms - unisub ?
    UTTER RIDICULOUS none of these sublimation trade company's cant get this sorted - do they not have some sort of leverage with the people who make these dam things?
    As i,m sure they are buying them in by the tens of 1000's at a time....Jeez !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wrap the paper right around the coaster, so that the tape only sticks to the paper and does not touch the coaster.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgall2 View Post
    I wrap the paper right around the coaster, so that the tape only sticks to the paper and does not touch the coaster.
    thats ok for doing a few coasters....
    but doing around 800-1000 coaster orders, that just not manageable....

At present we use A4 sheet x 2 with 6 coasters on each sheet at a time in the press...to sit n full wrap each one individually, would bot be commercially viable my friend

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you put the tape onto the backing and peeled it off without pressing? I could be the glue failing due to the heat from the press?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    If you do so many coasters then i would never ever use the tape. Time spend taping would kill all the profitt.
    You need a jig.

Attached Images Attached Images

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tried. Tested. Thrown away. We even went as far as commissioning our own jigs but quite frankly still nothing beats taping down as very tricky to get consistent accurate artwork placement on the paper exactly where is needed for jig. Especially as you can't see the coasters when placing the paper onto the jig and even 1mm out could mean text/logo is not aligned correctly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got a local laser craft company to cut one similar to Paul's example above, but to our spec. Yes it does take time to get the design placement bang on for the likes of logo's that appear close to the edge of the coasters. Certain artworks do need a tweek - but once you do get it right, you'll fly through the orders. We ordered 2 so when one is cooking, the other is having the paper taped to it - times in the press went up by about 10 - 20 seconds, but that could be our press.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to John G For This Useful Post:

Maidiniceland (08-12-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ paul & john
    yeh fellas thats great....but i cant bloody well find any for sale ;(

@john - thats what i would like to do - have 2 - one cooking, other getting ready ;)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would need to get one cut to your spec as coasters from different suppliers differ slightly and may not fit the jig correctly. Try a search for "Laser wood cutters" in scotland and i'm sure there will be someone local to you. Ours are now past there best and warped a bit - next time i'd use a thicker wood and amend the design so it has a back to it, rather than holes straight through - this would make placing the coaster in the jig faster/easier.

Edit: just noticed Paul's example doesn't have holes straight through, that's how I'd get my next jigs made.
    Last edited by John G; 27-11-2017 at 11:49 AM.