Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sky blue suddenly always presses green
    By benski in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 28-09-2015, 02:35 AM
  2. Ink just suddenly stops?
    By justme in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 12:49 PM
  3. Graphtec CE5000-60 Problem
    By gstk in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-02-2011, 08:05 PM
  4. Graphtec CE5000-60 problem
    By gstk in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-12-2010, 05:54 PM
  5. CS4 with Epson D120 Rotech profile suddenly grainy images
    By barryslip in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CE5000-60 suddenly cutting really poor

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help? My CE5000-60 has being working well for a few years but all of a sudden is cutting really poor.

I haven’t changed my blade or cutting strip for a while but find it strange it would be this because it’s not gradually got worse, it seems to have quickly got bad.

When I’m weeding a lot of it is fine but there are a few really bad cuts where sometimes as much as 5mm just being missed. The middle of zeros are not being finished off and I’m having to cut them out myself!

The only change there has been is that I’ve moved into an outside studio so it does get quite cold over night but surely this isn’t the problem? Or does it sound like blade or cutting strip? Do any things need greasing do you know? other than a cutting strip and a blade 3 years ago I haven't done any maintenance on it. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks as always everyone

James

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    you do not grease your machine!
    It sounds like both, blade and strip need to be changed. Is this happening in random spots or roughly on the same spot of strip?
    Also, is worth to take your blade out and check if there is no fluff or other dirt build up there. you can give it a touch of oil on your blad to help it rotate better. but do not grease anything inside your machine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Paul,

I've took the blade holder and blade out and blew on everything! Nothing seemed to be in there. But I still get the same problem.

The bad cuts are not in the same place along the strip. If I cut a logo 3 times in a row along the length the poor cuts are in similar places on every logo but different positions along the strip.

I guess I will have to try a new blade and strip, It's just that I find it odd that it happened all of a sudden which makes me worry it might not be these. The cutting strip does have a bit or a score for most of it but not that much of an indentation. I tried a test cut right at the far corner where there is hardly any wear on the cutting strip but I still had the same problem.

Thanks for you help with this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    might be the belt tension. if not then try your settings, it could be that your offset on the machine has changed in your settings.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Have you checked the tip of your blade with a high power magnifier to make sure it hasn't been chipped or broken? Could even just be a worn blade if it's been 3 years since you last changed it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone. You are right, I think I should try a new blade. The last one I bought was from Graphtec and fairly pricey but seen EdwardMathias.com mentioned on here and he comes up first in google. Looks like a fair price. Has anyone tried their blades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a fair price. Has anyone tried their blades?
    Lots of us have - that's why its mentioned on here, I have one, but I also have a stash of the cheap ebay ones, so if i ever need a new blade I can just go in the drawer for one.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi James. I change my blades roughly every 4 to 6 weeks. My cutting strip was changed two years ago because I accidentally cut a chunk out if it when the material slid out and the blade continued to cut. Make sure your cutting strip is smooth. You could turn it around and try that to see if this is the problem.
    Edwardmattias blades are very good. I tried them and would recommend them, but they are a pain for me to order as Im not on the Island.
    I have only oiled the blade holder with embroidery machine oil. The rest of the machine I have left alone.
    Hope this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everyone,

Many thanks or all your help. Just to let you I got persuaded to order a smart knife (which is a blade already set into a holder). It arrived yesterday and after fitting it I now have perfect cuts. This is using the standard settings as well…I’ve never used the standard settings for years!! My first job was cutting that horrible, wiggly, Papyrus font as well (small!) but it coped fine.

It’s so nice to find this forum. I’m used to being made to feel like a fool when I’ve posted on other forums in the past!! (Maybe I am a bit of a fool for not changing my blade often enough!) Thanks again for all your help everyone :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad its worked out for you. Dont worry about posting what you think is a stupid question. We have all been there and know the problems.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl Smith For This Useful Post:

SussexShirts (09-12-2017)