Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. cheapest mug press on ebay i could find (that time)
    By Paul in forum Reviews Section
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-03-2016, 02:02 AM
  2. eBay Frustration (technical)
    By NikGrey in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2014, 04:52 PM
  3. Time for a laugh.......funny Ebay feedback
    By Ian M in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 25-02-2012, 10:40 AM
  4. It's that time of year.
    By Ian M in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-01-2012, 01:37 PM
  5. This time of year
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-11-2010, 09:12 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frustration with ebay at this time of year.....

Where Ebay predicts how long it thinks post will take, is wildly inaccurate - and unreasonable customers open cases as soon as they know there's no tracking number - ebay gives them a refund and the product's gone, and feedback gets crippled.

It's wildly infuriating that every year at this time, that we need to account for a large chunk of profits disappearing into thin air because of how little ebay valued sellers and how lop sided their internal policies and procedures are.

Last year was before we opened our gift shop, but having been in retail for a while and used ebay under my older brands - this does my head in.

This year has taken it to a whole other level for me.
    Last edited by IrishPrint; 18-12-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Indeed. That's why we shut up shop around 10 days before Xmas each year. The stress of dealing with people who are trying to buy personalised gifts last minute is not worth it. Especially if people don't send images straight away.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same problem is happening on Amazon.

I have actually told Amazon that they are complicit in the fraud that is going on with refunding customers their money when we all know dam well that they are late because of the post, and the customer is lieing when they either don't admit to receiving the item eventually or that yes they did but just want a refund!

I have been having a ding dong battle with one customer who called my telephone number which is not on Amazon, but is on that packing slip that I include with each item I send out!! So if he didn't receive the item how comes he knows the telephone number!!!?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to James990 For This Useful Post:

Maidiniceland (19-12-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Indeed. That's why we shut up shop around 10 days before Xmas each year. The stress of dealing with people who are trying to buy personalised gifts last minute is not worth it. Especially if people don't send images straight away.
    I set away today until Jan 2nd, will i come back to a bunch of refunds or does setting the shop to away give me until that date to respond to cases?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm shutting both tomorrow at 12 and re-opening after Christmas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid you will have to respond to cases still. Or just ignore them and take the hit when eBay auto refunds them. Holiday mode basically means nothing when it comes to communication. We all take the hit for the failure of Royal Mail and eBays policy of loving buyers and hating sellers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been really lucky (she says hanging on to dear life to the wooden desk) had 4 people email me rather than opening up a dispute, all of their stuff was posted on either the Saturday before the snow or the Monday of the snow, I replied telling them the items were definitely posted as I remember walking in the snow as it was too bad to drive. They have all since had their items, a little late, but they have had them.

I had 2 cases opened again for the same reason, I replied to them, asking them to wait a few more days for them to arrive due to the weather, both responded, saying they would wait, and have since closed their cases.

I always reply to the case, without refunding, although eBay hates it, regularly emailing me telling me "you have not responded" ie: you have not refunded them. Quite often it is just down to the customer getting a reply that you are aware of a delay.

I also send everyone of them a message at the moment it reads : Item posted today 2nd class as per listing, it is unlikely that this item will arrive before Christmas despite eBay's dates given, as these vary from Royal Mails website. Please allow extra time for delivery thank you.

It also helps if you normally do same day dispatch, to lengthen your dispatch time, as it gives a wider delivery point, we change ours regularly if we are away at a show, rather than shut the shop.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.