Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sublimation Dark Transfer Paper
    By Volusian in forum Clothing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-01-2014, 05:11 PM
  2. Sublimation Dark Transfer Paper
    By frazzle in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 05:31 PM
  3. light and dark paper, difference?
    By uk1simon in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 04:50 PM
  4. TMT or BMS subi dark Paper?
    By Gordon in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-04-2011, 04:06 PM
  5. dark tshirt transfer paper
    By fredster in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iron On Dark paper

The guy i have bought my equipment from left me one box of A3 Iron On Dark paper. I played some days with it with a mixed result.

Here are my impressions, having in mind it could have not been stored properly, though it's still in its cardboard original package:

1.The Good

-Its some kind of vinyl like material. Prints Ok and peels off OK from the backing paper. With some extra care no backing is needed. Print, peel off and apply.

-Once applied properly is unbreakable. Not stretchy, very good feel, almost like HTV . Seems quite durable and wash resistant. When applied have a small amount of that nasty papery feel and sound, but when washed this disappears. And many people agreed it is really nice to the touch.

2. The bad

Impossible to cut properly with my roland GX cutter with brand new knife on slowest speed and lowest tuned pressure. The top surface layer scratches and "dusts" . See picture. With scissors is ok, so no problem there. My roland is in like new shape and cuts perfectly whatever material i throw at it, so the problem is in the outermost layer of the paper.

3. Conclusion

It would have been an ideal material as advertised for dark cotton T shirts, if it was able to cut without rough edges. Basically i could say its good for logos or whatever, if you print borders same color as material and cut over them. And handle it with care.

So for the price its good for occasional use to save a situation, but i would not buy it or invest in it. Definitely good if you like ugly A4 patches on T shirts or if the design could be cut with scissors.

So its overpriced amateurish crap. Having in mind the price per sheet and the shady result.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Boyan; 25-12-2017 at 11:20 AM. Reason: reuploaded the image

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Looks like cheap, fibrous paper to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a bit confused as to why you are cutting this paper with your cutter? surely with iron on transfer paper it is designed to have 1 or 2 designs printed onto it, cut (better tear) around the image and apply. or am i missing something ?
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    mrs maggot, I believe it's just inkjet heat transfer paper. With the 'dark' variety you have to trim it very closely as it transfers the white bits of the image as well as other colours.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    think you have too much blade showing from your cutter, - and probably too much force.
    maybe slow down your cut too?
    Worth a try!
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Maybe even a new blade!

Always good to see reviews but unless I missed something......no manufacturers name for the paper??
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    cant see the image.

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just uploaded the image.

I am cutting it with brand new cutter blade on a Roland GX that cuts very well anything else. And yes, as slowest as possible and as light as cut as possible. 60g down force and the blade is perfectly set at half credit card. I cut thick flock at 120g, so i dont think problem is there.

I am trying to cut it as for example i would like to use it for printed logos and letters, not ugly bulky square pictures, for which obviously it works. In fact its a vinyl, not paper exactly. But the thing is it have a very funny outer layer that maybe is the layer that accepts the ink. So said layer will not cut but rather tear.

Is there another paper that could cut correctly and could be inkjet printed??? And no, this paper is not a cheap paper, its Iron On Dark paper at 2euro per sheet.

Visually to explain what i wanted to do with it

Not that:

but rather that:

and that:

and mainly that and on a finer scale:

But not to cut it with scissors but use the bloody 2000 euro vinyl cutter that i have bought

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    It does look very strange. I was able to cut any paper on my gx. Is your artwork a proper vector with clean lines? Or auto traced? Autotrace is not great with lines and sometimes put more then one cut line one under the other And this will cause cut in same spot few times.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Also this look like you cut through your backing paper?