Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. heat press or starter kit for starters
    By LushesFaith in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2016, 08:32 PM
  2. Canvas Roll Material
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 31-03-2015, 09:59 PM
  3. OKI Laser Printer and Stahls Clam Basic for starters.....?
    By mikeoooze in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-04-2013, 04:28 PM
  4. Toilet roll dispensers
    By bms in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 15-04-2012, 02:36 AM
  5. Arcade - Roll up.....Roll up!
    By Justin in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 12:29 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

printer that can use roll or A3+ for starters?

Hi,
    i will be buying my first sublimation printer these days. My press is 40x50, i will do mainly T shirts and small stuff souvenirs like magnets and plaques.

I think i will go the Epson route instead of the Ricoh 7100, as the Ricoh seems very expensive for what it is.

So basically i will be using Inktec inks as i read in forums.

So i was thinking epson 1500W to start with a cheap printer and wet my feet. But then i am thinking now, if i print something small, i will have to throw the rest of the paper. I know, its only a couple of cents, but if i print roll, eventually i will be able to sublimate larger stuff, but the printer is more expensive, etc.

I simply can not judge correctly the eventual reliability of an Epson 1500w printer versus say p600 printer which can be found for say 550 euros versus 330euros??? Also i am wondering about the CISS or not . What happens if the ink stays in the ciss some time? Does it need shaking? I wish sublimation inks work on a printer like the Canon IPF which sucks the ink from the cartridge and recirculates it in internal tanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think i will test epson P800 for sublimation
    but i need to find ciss or refil cartdrige

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was first thinking the WF 7110 but when i saw here a picture of 3 dead printers one on top of the other, decided against that. i read further here and on other forums, so 1500W seems to be ok. I am thinking new from Amazon with extra warranty. Not sure CISS or cartridges. I am thinking cartridges x2, so i always have at hand, but that funny 10ml for XL cartridge/ looking at the original/ is very small. I wonder how much ml are the refillable cartridges.

About the P800, first make sure the head is compatible with the Inktec and which of their inks exactly, then if they have the number of inks for your printer/head combo, probably, yes.

I am open to buying a second hand printer, but people here in Spain are not very honest or they will not return my emails. its difficult to find sb that tells you the truth about the shape of the printer, so i am thinking a new one, for ease of mind.

I am telling my self i have to wait for 10 days more, when the sales would start here, so i will probably save a $$ or even $$$

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jojoff974 View Post
    i think i will test epson P800 for sublimation
    but i need to find ciss or refil cartdrige
    Did you but it? Im consindering the p800

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Did you but it? I'm considering the p800
    We will be testing P800 in the next few months, we had great success with the P600 (A3 version) so want to look into an A2 variant.

Our thread on P600 can be found here - https://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforu...or-sublimation

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 307111 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.