Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Listawood - Get together at Sign and Digital 2017
    By Listawood in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-03-2017, 03:07 PM
  2. Sign and Digital 2017
    By Ravisteam in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-03-2017, 12:08 PM
  3. Sign and Digital - NEC
    By mags1892 in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-04-2016, 11:06 PM
  4. Sign & digital 29th April - 1st May
    By viccar in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-04-2014, 08:25 PM
  5. Sign & Digital NEC 13-15th April
    By mrs maggot in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over here we have the PSI trade fair. Exactly the fair that dyesubbers and promotion articles printers are looking for. It is massive. Im surprised there isn't one in the UK as the firm that runs it appears to be English.
    Right next door to the airport, just like the NEC. Only problem is that it costs a fortune to get in , I think this year it was 77€ for non members. PSI membership costs 700€ per year too.
    https://www.psi-messe.com/en/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So now it's all over :)

What was new?
    What was ground-breaking?
    What made you take your money out?

Interested.

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I saw anything to really set my pulse racing but I did put my hand in my pocket for one of the new Listawood pneumatic vertical mug presses which will print much closer to the handle than one of their Genie presses and at £110 I was prepared to give it a go. I have no doubt that it is available elsewhere with a differant name on and probably for less money but if its pants then it will go back. I wouldn't expect Listawoods to put their name to a duff press (yes, I know it is going to be a Chinese sourced press with their badge put on it) I don't have quite so much faith in some of the other online UK sub suppliers. The thing that I would expect to fail first would be the sensor that tells the press their is a mug in it and it needs to close and start its cycle.

What annoyed me the most - the seemingly incessant din from the 'fashion show'.

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a poor show, let's be frank, it's on for 3 days and does not yet attract 6k visitors, that's barely 2k a day!

If you are thinking of getting into promotional merchandise then it is useful, since you can see the main players in one place, but if you have been in the business a few years, then there is rarely anything new and you can see it all in 2+ hours, if Justin did 2 days there, then he deserves a medal!

The problem is the show does not attract ANY of the big Chinese players in this market, so we never get to see 'close up' the latest products from them as not all will be carried by UK distributors.

I visited FESPA in Munich a few years ago, a massive show and ALL the big Chinese players were there, with products not readily seen in the UK, it came to London (ExCel) a 4/5 years ago, so you would imagine a return visit may be on the cards, if it does, place it in your diary.

These are the show's experienced DyeSubber's need to go to, P&P is a small national show that always leaves me leaving thinking 'well that was a bit of a waste of time', I am amazed for a show of this size that it is still at the NEC, bearing in mind we exhibited there the week before at Autosport International, which had 55k+ over Sat/Sun.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only comment on the past few years of P&P and it wasn't a patch on the first one that I went to in 2014. It would be interesting to know what the attendance figures were since 2014. I am with you all the way Cartoonman until the last paragraph.

I don't quite understand what point you are trying to make?

Shows that only attract 6k visitors shouldn't be at the NEC? P&P isn't worth bothering with unless it attracts as many visitors as an international motor sport related and performance car show both of which are open to the petrol head contingent of the general public over a Friday and Saturday. Not really a fair comparrison.

Just my ten pennoth

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem.

I just feel that with only 6k visitors over 3 days, maybe it does not need to be at the NEC, perhaps move to a smaller and more compact venue that then creates a buzz, since we all know that at times P&P has areas screened off that cannot be sold because the hall is too big.

The NEC is an expensive place to exhibit, not only for stand rental costs but also for all the simple extras, a basic 500w electrical socket is nearly £200 for 2/3 days, you want a 3kw supply for a heat press then think £400+ (for just 3 days), while most people moan about the high cost of visitor parking.

I did enquire about exhibiting at the show 3+ years ago and the stand cost was 4 times what I would expect to pay at other shows at the NEC, you just wonder if at a less expensive venue and there are plenty that can easily handle the 6k visitor numbers, whether this might attract a much larger selection of exhibitors, many of whom must be put off by the price.

It's only a thought and of course you cannot compare P&P with Autosport, but the latter with the visitor numbers does not have a choice, it needs a major venue, but my view is P&P could easily move and this may make it possible to move the show around the UK and ultimately offer it's visitors a more interesting offering, since I think we are in agreement, at the moment it leaves us a little underwhelmed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends what your there for I think and how much you already know or have seen. First time around its a lot to take in then you get familiar with the circuit year on year I suppose but it's always got something new there to see. Sublimation is a small part but Xpress launched vanilla range at the show. If your looking to buy an embroidery machine as one presenter there was (as well as presenting a seminar jobbie) then you get to see and try all the main players, same if your looking at heat presses, garment vinyl, dtg etc and if you want to see and feel new ranges and items of clothing from distributors and brands a lot of them are there. If footfall is low that means less competition out there maybe!?! MT had a new print machine on show expected price over £3k. You also get to see your suppliers face to face or maybe your account manager, whichever large wholesaler used. Some of the exhibitors were saying they want to do more roadshows this year to connect better as peeps at p&p are friendly and help each other out with hints and tips whereas at sign and digital they said people are more guarded and competitive and less willing to share ideas and so fourth. It is an expensive place to exhibit but there were some smaller stand peeps there some for the first time, wonder if they will go again, it will depend on how well they did I guess. NEC is fairly central as a location so perhaps that's why it remains there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm visiting S&D on 25th - anybody going? I'm planning to call in and see the lovely people of Listawood anyway.