Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Advice needed
    By jennywren in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-09-2015, 10:55 PM
  2. advice needed please…..
    By twinx05 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-02-2014, 11:36 AM
  3. Advice needed please…..
    By twinx05 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-02-2014, 09:53 AM
  4. Advice needed please
    By Xena in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-09-2013, 12:05 PM
  5. Advice needed
    By scottenti in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ink advice needed

Hi, has anyone used the sublimation inks from city ink express?
    We are a new startup and are trying to keep our costs down and wondered if any what are the differences between city ink express and sublisplash.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakey76uk View Post
    Hi, has anyone used the sublimation inks from city ink express?
    We are a new startup and are trying to keep our costs down and wondered if any what are the differences between city ink express and sublisplash.

Oh and I'm using a ricoh sg3110dn printer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I use CIE inks in my Ricoh SG3110DN and they're fine, using the ICC profile supplied by CIE and printing from Photoshop. I've never tried, or have any need to try, Sublisplash.

It's worth pointing out though, that a lot of beginners pick fault with the inks when it is, in fact, below-standard coatings on their sublimation blanks that are causing them problems. So, if you buy, say, some dirt cheap mug blanks from ebay, then expect problems with the coatings, not your inks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Oakey76uk (11-01-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    I use CIE inks in my Ricoh SG3110DN and they're fine, using the ICC profile supplied by CIE and printing from Photoshop. I've never tried, or have any need to try, Sublisplash.

It's worth pointing out though, that a lot of beginners pick fault with the inks when it is, in fact, below-standard coatings on their sublimation blanks that are causing them problems. So, if you buy, say, some dirt cheap mug blanks from ebay, then expect problems with the coatings, not your inks.
    Thanks for the advice,we have already learnt the hard with the mugs. Our printer was supplied with sublisplash but the cost is way to high for a new business and from what I have heard no warrented since there are inks cheaper that do the same job just as well

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used their ink in the past. It was good ink and didn't clog. Couldn't get a working ICC profile from them so I never re-ordered. However, I read on this forum recently that they have changed their ink - don't know if this is true or not, or if it performs as well, better or worse than the previous batch.

The ink seems a bit pricey for own brand. Ink Express ( .co.uk - similar name, different firm) can provide cheaper ink for Epsons ( Inktec SUblinova or own brand) or Ricoh ( own brand) for a lot less. They can also supply generic ICC profiles, which is half the battle.

There are plenty of other suppliers - Dye Sub Supplies stocks Inktec Sublinova in larger quantities - so shop around.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

Oakey76uk (11-01-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And what about chinese made inks, from chinese markets? "compatable brand", in my case epson? Are they realiable? And not very far from quite good quality?

thanks in advance!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are new to the game start with tried and tested. It is a steep enough learning curve without cutting corners. that can be done once you know what you are doing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    If you are new to the game start with tried and tested. It is a steep enough learning curve without cutting corners. that can be done once you know what you are doing.

ok, thanks! and what ink brands can you recomend at all?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    City Ink did change a while ago, a friend of mine had used them for a long while and they changed without telling him which caused an ink mixing issue! Not sure how good the newer stuff is.

You'll see a lot of recommendations for Inktec SubliNova if you're looking for a cheaper option.

If you're using a Ricoh you'll need a different type of ink, this is where Subli Splash would be a good entry point.

Get yourself setup right in the first instance, sure, it may costs a little more but will pay for itself in no time.

What printer are you considering?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Just re-read your posts. Appreciate Subli Splash may seem expensive (Still cheaper and better than Sawgrass many are saying) but in the scheme of things it's important to get this right. If you're suing a Ricoh I wouldn't recommend a cheaper ink route.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

DyeSubSupplies (09-02-2018)