Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Trade Only Show Coventry
    By liannef in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-01-2016, 09:31 PM
  2. trade only national show
    By arthur.daley in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-01-2014, 07:33 PM
  3. Trade Only National Show Coventry 2013
    By philfoot in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 23-01-2013, 11:11 PM
  4. Trade Only Show 25th-26th January - anyone going?
    By AdamB in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 27-01-2012, 12:14 AM
  5. Trade Only Show
    By Ian M in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 27-01-2011, 01:41 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PPD Live 2018 - was Trade Only Show

I went along to PPD Live 2018 at the Ricoh Arena on Tuesday. It was a shadow of its former self - loads of room to move around as there were very few people there. First time i went was about 3 years ago and they had the main exhibition area plus the basement, a separate 'fashion' show area and stands in the main concourse. This year its just the exhibition hall and that wasn't what you would call full of stands.

I would guess that the Printwear & Promotion organisers will be rubbing their hands in glee as it would appear that moving P&P forward in the calendar so that it is only a few days after PPD has had (what I suspect) was the desired effect. When the two shows were a month apart they didn't really clash and a lot of people in the industry could do both. But now they are only 4 days apart I am guessing that a lot of people will just do one of them and will plump for the bigger and more diverse show - P&P. Its a pity as the PPD show at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry is a differant animal to P&P at the NEC. Personally I think there was room for both of them - while they were a month or so apart. The atmosphere was always a bit more relaxed and traders seemed to have more time to talk to everyone.

Be interesting to see what P&P is like this year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of road shows in the Promo industry which seem to be a growing thing and also bpma shows. It was a far smaller affair as you mention than last time I went which was quite a few years ago. Some big suppliers missing so moving their budget elsewhere. Some cross over on target audience with P&P but not that much I would have thought.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a feeling that finally they had decided that why would you invite Europe's best print to order suppliers, and then also have stands by Novachrome, The Magic touch etc who are showing customers how to make their own - so they had finally decided to stick to the market - and not have foxes in the hen houses. I still go as a couple of my suppliers show there, and I have always thought the show worthwhile, but this year it was shocking small.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love trade shows, and PPD Live 2018, I have visited ,it was amazing as I got a decent opportunity.