Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. 10oz mugs
    By gorgall2 in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-12-2012, 07:12 PM
  2. European RN Coated Mugs - October Offer
    By bms in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-10-2010, 05:51 PM
  3. European RN Coated Mugs - Free Delivery - OFFER ENDED
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 05:18 PM
  4. European Mugs - Discount Code for Members
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 02:41 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there any other mugs which compare to 10oz European from BMS?

Hi everyone

I'm currently using the 10oz European mugs from BMS and while they look good, have a nice glaze on the inside, and feel great to hold, I'm finding that on the odd one or two I sometimes get a faded print around the bottom because of a slight dip/indentation in the mug. This only happens on a full wrap print and, annoyingly, I only see the fading after I've taken the mug out of the press!

I sell wholesale to retailers as well as to end customers so I really need to have consistency and confidence that a run of multiples won't include too many duff ones!

So I'm thinking about getting a few 10oz samples of other mugs out there and wondered if the Xpres 5013 and/or the Listawood 10oz Duraglaze AAA or A are the same/similar?

Or are there any others out there that compare but are, in your opinion, better and of a consistent quality?

Thanks.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you want consistency on full wrap top to bottom you would be better off with an oven.

The two companies you have mentioned offer really good mugs and you may want to try Dye Sublimation Supplies also.

However, because the manufacture of mugs is not an exact science I have a feeling you will get slight indentations on some mugs from all suppliers. An oven eliminates this problem as the wrap is more forgiving than a mug press.

Just my opinion :-)
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

DyeSubSupplies (24-01-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's good to know because based on one of the other threads on the forum (can't remember who by) I've ordered an oven from Robert Dyas and some silicone wraps from Ebay!

I'm hoping, as you say, the oven will eliminate the problem on the full wrap as I really like the BMS mugs and want to keep using them! They're absolutely fine in the mug press with a logo-type print front and back so it's only when I need to do a full wrap around that I have the problem.

I got some mugs with the press when I bought it from Dye Sublimation Supplies and I like those too but the only downside (as well as them being 11oz mugs I think) is the coating on the inside of the mug. It's not shiny so must be matt/uncoated and in the test mugs I gave to family and friends to try out they all reported staining on the inside from tea/coffee/fruit drinks. So I like the BMS ones better because there is no staining issue with them.

Anyway, many thanks for your response...and fingers crossed for when the oven comes!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Xpres 5013 and BMS 10oz ones that have free delivery option. Both do well in both press and oven for us with full print.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for the Xpres 5013 this end.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I would normally recommend Listawood AAA Durham 10oz mugs but I too am starting to become concerned about staining, particularly with tea. It completely spoils these otherwise perfect mugs. I have dirt cheap Chinese mugs from ebay that, although warped and dented, never stain inside!

I hope someone from Listawood picks up on this post as I have read elsewhere of the staining issue with their mugs.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I switched to 10oz Listawood for a while, but noticed that I had too many printing errors due to a bottom taper. Xpres 5013 does not have this issue as it's a more solid mug.

Ovens perhaps work best for large production runs of the same design. Whereas doing individual orders with some simple text, then the next order is a full colour design requiring a different time; the press allows that flexibility.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone!

I'm going to buy in some of the Xpres 5013 to test but before I do can anyone who has one to hand tell me if they are coated on the inside? (As in shiny/smooth and not matt/uncoated)