Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Silicone sheet
    By robhil in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2017, 11:25 PM
  2. Teflon sheet
    By FBW in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 29-01-2015, 04:04 PM
  3. teflon sheet
    By Paul in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-12-2012, 06:11 PM
  4. Anyone got any magnetic dye sub sheet?
    By SciArtImages in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27-11-2011, 11:32 PM
  5. Magnetic sheet
    By SJL in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 11:08 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Anyone tried MDP Sheet Flex?

Just wondering if anyone has tried Sheet Flex HTV from MDP Supplies - http://www.mdpsupplies.co.uk/sheetflex.asp and what your thoughts are.

I don't currently own a laser printer but would buy one if opinions on the Sheet Flex were favourable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems good, but seems like a lot of pressing involved

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks similar to the Forever Flex Soft. We got some sample sheets of that from Amaya but haven't had much success with it. We found the glue liked to stick around the edges of the finer details and the colour wasn't very solid. We used some of the metallic stuff, maybe the non metallics are better. Sure some more testing might give better results but not right now. Hopefully this will let me upload some photos to give you an idea. You'll be able to see the silver shading coming through the aqua print and some specks of white too that didn't "weed" themselves off properly. (This is the forever paper, not mdp)

I would say it's worth a test sheet or two if you already have the printer or could borrow one to try, but if it's like the forever stuff I probably wouldn't bother.

I might stick a sheet in my next mdp order and try it out. If it works it will be so much easier for some designs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Europa&Ganymede For This Useful Post:

pw66 (17-02-2018), webtrekker (16-02-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have considered both the MDP and the Forever papers but not tried either because I would need to buy a laser printer. There are certain jobs that this would come in handy, but the only thing that would worry me is print durabillity. How ell is it going to perform in the wash?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    I have considered both the MDP and the Forever papers but not tried either because I would need to buy a laser printer. There are certain jobs that this would come in handy, but the only thing that would worry me is print durabillity. How ell is it going to perform in the wash?

We use Forever laser dark for designs that don't work for vinyl and have found the durability much better than expected. The ones that we have done up for ourselves are lasting as well as the mass produced garments we have bought off the high street. We do tend to wash everything at 30 but have tested some at 60 and tumble dried with no issues.

It's not for everyone but it's more than adequate for our needs.

I've not washed the test I posted the photo of so I can't say about that, sorry. I do get the impression the colour would wash out to the silver base colour - might give it a shot tonight and report back.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Europa&Ganymede For This Useful Post:

pw66 (17-02-2018), webtrekker (17-02-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The main reason I ask is that, although I have an excellent contour cutter, some designs are just too intricate to cut and I was hoping that the self-weeding method would be better in these cases.

I'm currently testing out plastisol transfers and, although the small detailing is excellent, there's still the problem of having to buy lots of a single design to make the cost worthwhile.

Why, oh why, after all these years, is there still no one-product-does-it-all solution? The first company to get this right will be billionaires overnight!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Europa&Ganymede View Post

I've not washed the test I posted the photo of so I can't say about that, sorry. I do get the impression the colour would wash out to the silver base colour - might give it a shot tonight and report back.

Do you think that the non metalic colours would perform better? If the standard colours performed ok that would be perfect for me.
    Like webtrecker I am looking for something for low volume designs that are too intricate or unsuitable for cutting. It would also come in handy for names on leavers hoodies where the volume would be too low to screen print, but too high to weed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Do you think that the non metalic colours would perform better? If the standard colours performed ok that would be perfect for me.
    Like webtrecker I am looking for something for low volume designs that are too intricate or unsuitable for cutting. It would also come in handy for names on leavers hoodies where the volume would be too low to screen print, but too high to weed.
    I think we're all looking for something in the 'Goldilocks' zone that is just right, in that it is inexpensive, suitable for low volume, intricate designs, can be applied to many materials and colours, and has good washability and durability. Unfortunately, I've yet to come across anything that fulfils all of these requirements.

Plastisol transfers are the nearest I've come to meeting all of these requirements bar the suitability for low volume orders.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the impression that the non metallics will work better. I'll get round to testing them at some point. We got a sample of each colour available when we bought our printer but have only tested the metallic as (had it worked better) it would have made a specific job so much quicker.
    Certainly if you are not looking for metallics then the laser dark gives us good results for the same cost as the flex soft (and slightly less than the mdp version). Only drawback is if you don't have a white toner printer you won't be able to get a white print.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Europa&Ganymede For This Useful Post:

pw66 (17-02-2018)