Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Europa jarin mug press temp
    By rockersuk in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-07-2020, 01:03 AM
  2. What do we know about Europa Heatpresses?
    By pw66 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18-05-2017, 04:48 PM
  3. For Sale Europa Leisure HF4500 Heat Press
    By Bwfcuk in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2016, 11:01 AM
  4. Jarin HF2200 blanket
    By miniumini in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 19-02-2015, 07:40 PM
  5. Jarin Heatpress For Sale
    By Garethbounds in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jarin/Europa HF5100

Long shot but has any body used this press, just need to know
    if you have any problems sublimating with the pressure being
    applied from the base rather than the platen. TIA

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Think we've got an old one of those in the warehouse. Jarin's are good, but the inherent problem with clam presses is being able to keep a consistent pressure across the whole pressing area, and so a decent quality swing press (PressMech) will always win out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    Think we've got an old one of those in the warehouse. Jarin's are good, but the inherent problem with clam presses is being able to keep a consistent pressure across the whole pressing area, and so a decent quality swing press (PressMech) will always win out.
    Always been happy with Jarin machines, its just this model that I'm not sure about with the pressure being applied from the bottom..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwfcuk View Post
    Always been happy with Jarin machines, its just this model that I'm not sure about with the pressure being applied from the bottom..
    As the upper platen on the HF5100 "floats" to allow for different thicknesses of garments/material, whether the pressure is applied from the top or bottom shouldn't really matter - Providing the platens aren't warped, or that there's a structural problem with the frame, the pressure should be even across the entire surface area.

With regards to the comment about the Pressmech being superior to Jarin presses, I'd have to strongly disagree!! I've personally seen several issues related to the durability of Pressmech presses, including watching the owner of Pressmech have to fix a press several times at the Printwear & Promotion exhibition a couple of years ago. By comparison, the Jarin heat presses are widely regarded as industrial/high-volume presses - For example, their presses are used in every Premier League for the past 25 years, in addition to every Championship football club and many European football clubs, which gives an indication as to their reliability and build quality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgers View Post
    As the upper platen on the HF5100 "floats" to allow for different thicknesses of garments/material, whether the pressure is applied from the top or bottom shouldn't really matter - Providing the platens aren't warped, or that there's a structural problem with the frame, the pressure should be even across the entire surface area.

With regards to the comment about the Pressmech being superior to Jarin presses, I'd have to strongly disagree!! I've personally seen several issues related to the durability of Pressmech presses, including watching the owner of Pressmech have to fix a press several times at the Printwear & Promotion exhibition a couple of years ago. By comparison, the Jarin heat presses are widely regarded as industrial/high-volume presses - For example, their presses are used in every Premier League for the past 25 years, in addition to every Championship football club and many European football clubs, which gives an indication as to their reliability and build quality.

It would be best if you declared your interest as a Jarin distributor.

Pressmechs are good heavy duty production presses that can produce high volume day in day out. Jarin - and other quality clam shell presses - are good for a retail environment where space is at a premium and volume ( match day aside) is likely to be steady rather than intense.

The fact that every Premier League and Championship club uses them is not in itself an endorsement. Did they all 'choose' Jarin by their own volition or do they use them simply because that is what their suppliers provide them with?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    It would be best if you declared your interest as a Jarin distributor.

Pressmechs are good heavy duty production presses that can produce high volume day in day out. Jarin - and other quality clam shell presses - are good for a retail environment where space is at a premium and volume ( match day aside) is likely to be steady rather than intense.

The fact that every Premier League and Championship club uses them is not in itself an endorsement. Did they all 'choose' Jarin by their own volition or do they use them simply because that is what their suppliers provide them with?
    No problem, pw66 – I didn't realise that I had to declare my interest to offer an opinion, but I'm more than happy to confirm that we've been a distributor of Jarin heat presses for over 30 years, in addition to Stahls/Hotronix (in the interests of full disclosure.) Based on this, I would think that it qualifies me to offer an opinion on a Jarin press when people are making a direct comparison to others and suggesting that it's possibly inferior to a brand that I've personally seen issues with.

For reference, we also have a retail shop here in Blackpool which uses two Jarin heat presses for up to 12 hours a day, 7 days a week from March to November, for the more than 25 years which I'm sure qualifies me to speak from a user perspective, too!!

As Pressmechs aren't that popular, I can't answer as to what they are mainly used for, but from the several major companies we supply with heat transfer vinyls and custom heat transfers (which I'm openly declaring, too!), I know of very few whom use Pressmech presses. They been around for several years and are well supported by the company that makes them, but from the machines that I've viewed personally, I wouldn't say that they are superior to any of the European and US commercial presses on the market.

With regards to the procurement and usage of Jarin heat presses in football grounds, as far as I'm aware they are purchased based on recommendations from the heat transfer manufacturers but are under no commercial obligation to use a specific brand/model of press, which I would personally view as an endorsement when they all opt for the same manufacturer. In addition, the notion that clam presses are solely used for the space-saving benefits aren't necessarily true in all cases, as the Jarin sports presses were specific designed for the Premier League clubs to allow shirts to be easily threaded around the lower platen and to be able to lower the upper platen as quickly as possible, due to the extremely high volumes that they print on match days.

With regards to volume, without the specific details as to annual sales on match days and non-match days, it's impossible to draw a like-for-like comparison with high-volume, commercial heat application. However, to be the main supplier to the top British football clubs consistently for 25+ years must surely count as to the reliability of the presses in the long-term.

As I've stated, these are only my personal opinions, but I think that it's always best for people to get a view from an alternative perspective.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great post Badgers, re Premier league clubs using Jarin machines, I was managing the club shop at Bolton Wanderers FC when we got promoted to the PL and when negotiating deals for the lettering and numbers for the shirts we where offered either free stock or a free Jarin press. I took the press (2 in fact) they got hammered 7 days a week and been a fan ever since. When we had to buy our own we always chose Jarin.. BTW I take It you're the same Badgers I frequented in Manchester...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not questioning the validity of your opinion, or your wealth of experience - although there are plenty on the forum who have as much or more experience. Suppliers are welcome on the forum, but as I said it is good form, though not obligatory to declare yourself as such.

I don't believe that anyone was directly stating that the quality of the Jarin press was inferior, merely that swing presses are more usable than clam presses in general. That is an opinion that is widely held within the industry. You are the only person in this thread that has questioned the quality of a specific brand.

As Jarin is a niche brand, I maintain that is is highly unlikely that every football club bought one through considered choice. It is more likely that it was bought because it is the brand their suppliers sell. That doesn't infer that Jarin are no good, but neither does it imply that they are better because they are used in the Premier League. Maybe that is a sales pitch that works well when selling into the 'Kiss Me Quick' seaside retailers ( I was in that trede myself in the early 1990's), but you could probably find a better USP when selling to the wider industry.
    Last edited by pw66; 10-05-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwfcuk View Post
    we where offered either free stock or a free Jarin press. I took the press (2 in fact)
    That underlines my point, re Premier League/Championship usage.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We've used Jarins (still have a couple in the warehouse I think) but much prefer using PressMechs for hard and soft substrates - we have 5 of them now!
    My only preference over the PressMechs are our rotary presses!