Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

UK Printed Mugs

Similar Threads

1. Gold prints
    By Quinsfan in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-03-2017, 01:09 AM
  2. How to use transfer paper - Gold?
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 20-07-2016, 12:17 PM
  3. Wanted [Want to buy/trade] Gold film
    By malkram in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2016, 07:13 PM
  4. Gold sequins etc
    By Greybeard in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2015, 09:30 AM
  5. gold ink ??
    By skru in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold Foiling

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gold Foiling

Hi all,

We've had lots of clients that have wanted gold foiling over the past 12 months, and while quiet at the moment we are thinking of dipping a toe into it. Does anyone on here do it and find it beneficial etc?

We will be looking to gold and silver initial various products but also would like to do personalised gold foil front notebooks and diaries, understand that these are two separate methods but any advance would be most welcomed.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you might want to look at the Forever Multitrans range from Amaya. www.forever-ots.com

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We started to dabble but soon realised that this takes a lot of set-up. You can either go down the route of hot foiling onto card using a black toner laser printer and then use something like A3 Foil It Foiler or if you want to emboss onto other items then you need something like the Foil Craft BUT you will need to get custom made stamps made of your artwork unless you want to use basic letter stamps.

There is apparently a hot foil machine rather like a printer that does not require any stamps to be made and will hot foil onto any surface and this is used by the big boys especially those you see on Etsy and NOTH. The company is local to us (about 5 miles away) although never been. I think it is called Dorset Foiltech Ltd 01202 828945 although can't find any web site for them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

pisquee (28-05-2018)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for that information, I will try and source something this week.

We did see the Foil Craft, and looks fantastic for normal initials onto various products, a thread that we would like to add to our services, but looking at the long run, those lines that the top NOTHS and Etsy sellers are selling on diaries and other products is something we would love to look at the budget for,

Thanks again for information, this forum is a fountain of knowledge and a great community for all subbers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Would Forever Flex Gold or Silver metallic work? Can be produced with a laser printer with black toner.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, will look into that. Would just like to see if there was a simpler way to transfer personalised orders onto notebooks and leather products.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbleimages View Post
    Thanks, will look into that. Would just like to see if there was a simpler way to transfer personalised orders onto notebooks and leather products.
    I've never used it myself, but it's no-weed and may save a lot of production time. Although only black toner is required I believe you need to have a compatible laser printer from their list, which they will email to you if you register on their site.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For small runs on card, plastic etc - I think you could probably get away with using polymer plates, but for note pads/diaries etc - I think you'd need a magnesium plate.
    If doing it on the cheap, for one off's, you may get away with using a heat press, but it would be very trial and error as temp/pressure and dwell are important factors when hot foiling.

This info may be out of date though - I researched this a good while ago when I was going to buy an old DUT hot foil machine - in the end I didn't go-ahead.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to John G For This Useful Post:

bubbleimages (26-02-2018)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    There is apparently a hot foil machine rather like a printer that does not require any stamps to be made and will hot foil onto any surface and this is used by the big boys especially those you see on Etsy and NOTH. The company is local to us (about 5 miles away) although never been. I think it is called Dorset Foiltech Ltd 01202 828945 although can't find any web site for them.
    @UK Printed Mugs (how do you tag people on the forum?!)
    Did you since find out any more info on Dorset Foiltech?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Forever system works very well but only if you use their RIP program. This breaks the solid areas down to little dots so the toner is not broken when the t-shirt is pulled and stretched. Looks like a newspaper print. The RIP is not necessary on solid objects.
    If you have X8 you can buy the add on called the Pointilizer which almost does the same thing as the RIP.
    And you are not limited to gold., there are about 20 colours in the foil range.