Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Finished Mug Costs
    By leehyde30 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 11:32 PM
  2. Sales added tax when selling online?
    By brightday83 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-12-2016, 11:50 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-09-2013, 03:29 PM
  4. can you buy finished products at trade prices
    By steve 1 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-01-2013, 10:51 PM
  5. What's the best selling sublimation products ?
    By sonywiz in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finished with sublimation / selling online

After 7 yrs, i have now finished up sublimation printing.
    Decision was made last week due to my health issues.

Sublimating mouse mats and coasters was making me very ill indeed...to the point that if i printed 5
    mouse mats, and 10 coasters, throat and chest were sore..and i felt really ill....that i had to take some meds and lie down for 2/3 hrs till it passed..
    And that was WITH a respirator on - The stink from mouse mats has increased a lot over the last year. What ever the chinks are doing to them,
    it really really bad when sublimating them now.....and i aint taking any more chances

As most of you all know, i am on meds for life for my thyroid, and the fumes seemed to be making this worse for some reason over the last year...
    Also got diagnosed with fibromyalgia and arthritis last summer, and those to are starting to make them self known now...

Hell its been good while it was going, but time to call it a day...I have made some nice friends on here over the years, and i,m grateful for that indeed.
    So big thanks to justin for putting up with some of my bullshit over the yrs lol, and to paul (mod) for all his help when i was green behind the ears many yrs ago - Its a great forum with great people, and i thank the ones who have
    been on here since i started around 2012....for they are the ones who got me started and gave me all the help i needed to be successful in sublimation trade/business

I will be selling up all equipment - If someone can collect, it will be the perfect start up.....Cant post and dont need hassle of selling separate...If it dont sell, i will
    just fire it all in the cupboard and keep them as memories ;)

3 x ricoh SG3110dn A4 printers with very very light use - 3 yr old....hardly used at all
    1 x epson 1500w A3 printer + CISS - just over one yr old and working perfectly
    1 x double mug press - working perfectly with full top/bottom print coverage / 13 month old
    1 x 40 x 60 flat bed heat press - 2 yr old and working prefect
    1 x epson xp322 printer + CISS....working as well..
    1 x Silhoutte cameo - 2nd edition one with lcd screen - USED ONCE / around 2yr old....

Various other bits n bobs ..
    100 x 3mm mouse mats
    150 unisub wood coasters
    12 rolls 10mm brown heat tape
    3 x full boxes of metal keyrings
    full box and half box of plain white envelopes
    various blank bags, heart shape purses and other odd blanks,bottles ect
    Will incl all sub inks i have here..sublinova inktec inks

will post the items for sale in the right bit of forum on wed night

PRICE - TBA on wed coming
    Last edited by bigj2552; 26-02-2018 at 02:36 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All the best chap. I must admit the fumes are a cause for concern even if we keep reading that they are not dangerous but quite frankly burning paper smell surely is like inhaling a mini bonfire. We always use a respirator nowadays but I think we will have to move this year to a better premise where we can have fresh air vents and extraction pipe. Will keep an eye on your price just in case. Regards, Olly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame you are calling it a day as you seemed to be ticking along well with sales. Health comes first though.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear you are selling up Big J, but as you and others say, health comes first.

Have you considered a drop shipping set up? Means you can dabble and then just farm out the work to someone like Justin who does this sort of thing. Pretty sure they would give you a deal where it makes it worth your while as well as theirs?

Might be just the push needed to get stuck in again without the fumes/hassle :-)
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

Justin (26-02-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that mate. Hope things get easier once you settle down to your new lifestyle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear this and thank you for the kind words in your post. I'd be more than happy to help out with drop-shipping if this would keep you going, as Simon mentions (thank you Simon) we would be able to work something out. If you're still getting the business why not still make some money? PM me if I can help in any way but I wish you the very best for the future anyway.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You could always hang on to a heat press and whack out a few t-shirts, bags, etc. using htv (would need your Cameo too) or plastisol transfers, and keep away from the dreaded mouse mats and coasters. Just a suggestion and wish you good luck for the future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BigJ, I am sure you really should consider selling as an ongoing business to someone, or else like others have said use the drop ship option.

A couple of years ago hubby was really ill after we printed and pressed some stuff at an event one hot evening, not enough ventilation - paramedics were called and I thought at one stage he was going to have a heart attack.

Make sure you stay on here whatever you decide, lovely man, as I would miss your chatter on posts xx
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi laura/guys....thank you ;)

Was thinking around the 450 mark for the lot, only if someone can collect...
    But i might just start making youtube vids of all the shit i been through with sublimation over the last 7 yr, and
    show folk how i do/did things here, what worked for me, and what didnt....esp with the equipment/times/setting/sourcing/dealing with things ect...

Have also dabbled in drop shipping for the last 4 months...so might upload tips and tricks on that as well....
    So much i can share, that i didnt want to tell others, as the others were my competition when i was selling = stupid idea to help your competition grow....
    But i dont need to worry about that now so......i gonna help those who are starting, and the good, the bad and the dam right ugly side of sublimation selling/printing - as well as drop shipping tips....and will be giving away freebies on that channel as well...once i get it set up..

Just need to buy some stuff to enable it to get set up properly - mic/lighting/software and other wee bit n bobs - and shift some stuff from office room, to my lounge, for more comfy working

if anyone wants the lot and has cash, and can collect....up you come...its here waiting for you...if not, no bother, i just keep it for messing around with mugs n coaters for myself a little, and to show others...

I can do the "odd" coaster fine if windows open...mugs are ok as well...mouse mats are out !

And i will still pop in here and see what you all are up to ;).....and of course plug the vids lol - sure justin wont mind

EDIT
    added in more equipment to this deal....now at £599 collect only

https://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforu...ale-Retiring-!
    Last edited by bigj2552; 05-03-2018 at 01:35 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bigj2552 For This Useful Post:

GoonerGary (02-03-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    sorry to hear that BigJ :(
    shame that knowledge as yours is leaving the business. Drop me a PM bud if you have spare few minutes.

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG