Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is subTHAT available in the UK from anyone?

I've been thinking about doing my own products and using the spray coating for putting on a sublimation coating but stumbled on the subTHAT transfer system.

It seems so much easier than spraying waiting to dry and spraying again. Just heat press a sublimation layer onto your item and then sublimate on that. It looks ideal for wooden wall art type items as it comes in a roll.

Anyone know if the system or something similar can be found from a UK supplier?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX_04FyjMMk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Not seen this before, certainly looks interesting. I see they cdo different finishes including white which would be very interesting.

http://php.jdsindustries.com/JDS_SIT...CH&D1ID=SEARCH

I've given them a shout to find out more.
    Last edited by Justin; 27-02-2018 at 04:32 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does look interesting and a whole lot simpler than using the sprays. You don't need to worry about drips or waiting for it to dry.

I'd love to find somewhere in the UK to give it a test.

Let me know what response you get, I could be tempted to ship in a bit from the US for a test. Not sure how economical it would be to buy at my requirements for shipping etc.

That said I bought a 100 bookmark size lamination pouches from Amazon in the US and it only cost £4.00 for international shipping and was here in 3 days. I'll have to check if they are stocking on Amazon :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is it the same as this polyester adhesive film? Or it it going to transfer the ink onto any surface?

https://www.isub-supplies.co.uk/clea...lear-glue.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No that looks like it's just a sticker and so in prone to peel off. Because it's a cold glue backing I would imagine over time the edges will start to curl etc. The film you show is more suited for car stickers etc than a permanent bonded polyester coating. I would imagine there would be problems sticking to wood as well.

But it does look as if it has potential if I go into car window stickers etc.

The film I'm look at has heat glue at the back so provides a more permanent bond for the polyester surface and then you sublimate on top.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Customprintwales View Post
    I've been thinking about doing my own products and using the spray coating for putting on a sublimation coating but stumbled on the subTHAT transfer system.

It seems so much easier than spraying waiting to dry and spraying again. Just heat press a sublimation layer onto your item and then sublimate on that. It looks ideal for wooden wall art type items as it comes in a roll.

Anyone know if the system or something similar can be found from a UK supplier?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX_04FyjMMk
    Wow sounds interesting

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Heard back from them, communication not the best but trying to get some sent over to test. All they seem interested in is dealer sales. We have UK suppliers that may well be interested but they need to get me samples here before we can look at that!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing that's the 'Clear Gloss' material Chromaluxe use. I had a dodgy blank which peeled off completely after a being cut. It's just a plastic film afterall.

http://php.jdsindustries.com/JDS_SIT...FO&MENU2=MENU2

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is it wood you are looking to decorate?

If this is the case then try the RST paper from The Magic Touch. I have seen some really good results using it.

http://www.themagictouch.co.uk/acata...-Transfer.html
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Well, I think I'm at the end of my tether with this company. They wouldn't even let me have prices until I filled in an account form. They set my account up and I logged in to get prices, $7-$13 for 5 sheets etc. OK I though, just get a few sheets of each variation over to test. Nope, you have to buy 5 packs of each. I'm not going to spend what works out to a few hundred pounds just to test myself!

I explained that we have a lot of forum members that could be interested in this and also we have relationships with UK suppliers who might want to take it on....."We only supply in packs" was the response.

Fair enough, we won't test it and we won't review it!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

Paul (04-03-2018), webtrekker (02-03-2018)