Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi TBerg

Nothing to add to this on a product side of things, all I ask is that whoever chooses the distributor in the UK chooses wisely. There are quite a few trade suppliers in the UK and some of them are not great. They give all the flannel but when it comes to it are utterly useless. Likewise there is at least one SUPPLIER who regularly steals customer designs and art and sells printed items on Amazon, but as he is importing blanks he is undercutting the original artist/printer.

Looks like an interesting product and as soon as I can think of a use in my particular field I will be ordering :-)
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I had similar sheets from spain. they were for t-shirts but i cant see the reason why wouldn't that work on hard items like wood.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran some quick tests today, and with a little surface prep, it appears that SubTHAT has good transfer and adhesion to both copper and brass (without the sandblasting of the surface that I indicated earlier). The surface prep is the same as for aluminum - wet sanding with 400 or 800 grit wet/dry sandpaper until the surface shines up nicely and water forms a sheet on the metal rather than beading up. This is essentially removing any oils and other contaminants from the surface to expose pristine metal.

The coating on both are susceptible to prolonged immersion in water - after a couple of hours of continuous contact, a tape peel will remove the coating where the tape is adhered. I may have a solution to increase water resistance: SubTHAT Prep Wipes contain an active ingredient that chemically bonds to some surfaces, including some metals. I'm in the process of testing this out and will follow up here with the results.
    Troy Bergstedt
    Director of Chemical Research
    IKONICS Corporation
    Manufacturer of SubTHAT!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TBergstedt For This Useful Post:

GoonerGary (09-03-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'll start a new thread rather than tag on to this, just wanted to let everyone know I finally got around to testing the sheets Troy kindly sent me from America.

Will post the results so far on the new thread...................
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

GoonerGary (25-07-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul, could you tell me, what the product name is and where in Spain you got it from, thanks.