Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-03-2017, 12:49 PM
  2. Plastic Card Printing
    By windyash in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-05-2014, 12:39 PM
  3. Printing onto Card
    By Jason in forum Printers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 03:14 PM
  4. Leaflet and business card printing
    By pitkin2020 in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-03-2012, 04:37 PM
  5. id card printing
    By Jason in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would be interested to see the link on the cutter you found. I have seen a very nice set up using OKI and a Graphtec which was fully automated but came in at about 15K

I have always been on the look out for something that will cut paper/card to any size so please post the link.

Having said that, Webtrekker is right, and if you have the patience and time then look at a Cameo with a cutting mat. They have a built in memory function I think which means you could load the page on a cutting mate and just press go, when it is done peel the card off and put another one under and hit go again.

It was what I thought about doing, only problem is that I can only get 25 units per sheet and my orders are in the 1000's
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (22-11-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @Justin If you'd like me to try cutting some of your designs on my cutter using the same card then I don't mind having a go if to send me a sheet or two. I'll cut them and video the process in real time then post the cut items back to you.

A contour cutter, as you know, doesn't leave the slightly rounded edge that you'd find on a die-cut (stamped) tag, but I don't find that makes much difference when compared to the versatility of a contour cutter. You don't have any dies to make and can cut an infinite number of different shapes, in different materials if need be.

If you need to cut printed tags exactly to the printed edge of the design then obviously you'd need to align the reg marks every time, but if your design has a bit of 'leeway' around the edges of the print (1mm say) then you only need to print and cut the first sheet then simply position each successive sheet on the mat and press the 'Repeat' button (on my SB cutter at least) and the same cut will be performed again, as many times as you like, until you clear the buffer on the cutter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    We have a couple of cutters but as mentioned, it's too time consuming putting them onto an adhesive sheet, printing reg marks and so on.

We would need to source the perfect card first. it's just so much less hassle getting them contracted out but companies aren't interested in decent customer services nowadays.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Multi-fun...w/173639574799

This is the machine Simon. Plenty of A4 machines for cutting business cards but seller claims this will do what I need. Example, I use 185mm x 85mm and he says it will cut these.

I actually found someone online who supplied the card pre-cut to size so I could just print the card without having to chop up. Unfortunately his idea of accuracy I think was to the nearest 10mm! lol.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!