Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. For Sale 55 x White T-Shirts
    By Justin in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-08-2017, 11:25 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 04:27 PM
  3. Sold FOR SALE: Sublimation white tee shirts
    By socialgiraffe in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-10-2012, 09:31 PM
  4. 100% polyester White Rugby Shirts ..... ?
    By AdamB in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-06-2011, 03:59 PM
  5. Plain White 100% polyester Hand Waving Flags?
    By AdamB in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22-03-2011, 09:25 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sublimation white spot issue on white polyester shirts

HI Folks, quick question..

I have recently come across this issue where i'm getting a blank spot on the printed t shirt after sublimating. I have recently swapped out the old heat platen for a new one that I had stored (chinese press)

You can see the white 3/4 of the way down on the E, I can also see the ink still on the paper.
    I did a previous test print to this one and it was much worse as the pressure was crap really so i raised the base plate of the press to compensate, the images here are not as bad as the first but this was printed at pretty firm pressure.
    I checked the platen yesterday as i had swapped it out and the temp in the middle of the platen was bang on (within a few degrees)

I'm using sublisure inks printed on the trusty Ricoh 3110, 60 seconds press time, firm pressure at 374 f (190 c) Chinese press (old platen swapped out for a hardly used one)
    I'm gonna test again later with the old platen to see if i get the same

Anybody else had this?

Attached Images Attached Images

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is most likely to do with uneven pressure.

Dye Sub is all about getting even pressure across the area you are printing.

I would take a look at the base plate to see if there are any imperfections in that or the top platen or teflon sheet (if using one)
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the response, I have a base of silicon rubber on the base plate , the heat plate has a teflon sheet attached, dosent seem to bad, slight ripple right in the center which is on the old plate which I swapped out, the new plate which also has a teflon sheet has no ripples and it was worse, old plate seemed better strangely enough. I may do another print tonight with yet more pressure to see how that goes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well a few prints later and same problem but only on some shirts, very slight but I know its there and can be seen.

Later prints were done at a higher pressure, everything prints ok apart from the center of the print, base plate and rubber mat are fine so im thinking its a heat problem but I find this a bit hard to fathom as i've used 2 different plates, one is brand new.

The only thing I can see is on the heat platen where the teflon sheet is attached, slight ripples but would have thought the high pressure would have dealt with that issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Try removing the teflon sheet from the heat platen and using a loose teflon sheet instead.