Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. What printer is good (in your opinion)
    By arti in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2015, 10:47 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-03-2015, 10:38 AM
  3. Good printer offer?
    By VSW in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 12:45 PM
  4. Good Screen Printer
    By steve_c in forum Screen Printing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-06-2010, 11:40 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noob here, is this a good sublimation printer?

I'm looking at buying a heatpress machine for phone cases mainly, and trying to figure out what sort of printer to use. I live in Canada not the UK as I know this is a UK forum but I hope someone can help me out.

Would something like this work? What am I looking for?

https://epson.ca/For-Home/Printers/P...r/p/C11CG43201

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hi there, we based in the UK but have member world-wide :-)

This printer is the replacement for the excellent outgoing Epson 1500W. I do know one of the suppliers here in then UK is about to put one on test for sublimation but this will take a couple of months to check all is ok. There carts use sponge for example.

Is the 1500W still available in Canada?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how would it cope with the colours being CMYK Red and Light Grey

Does the ICC profile account for the colour per channel being changed? For example could i put a blue cart where my yellow should go and then instruct the printer i did that by ICC? (i wouldnt want to, just intrigued?)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 1500W isn't available in Canada as far as I have seen. Thanks for the response.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    As Justin said the XP-15000 is the replacement for the 1500W, which has been a great model for sublimation printing here in the UK.

XP-15000 testing will begin as soon as we can get some refillable cartridges or resettable chips to allow us to actually get some sublimation ink into the printer. It will be an interesting one due to the grey and red inks.

We have been speaking with Inktec and may well be using their red ink (from an R1800 series) and a light black / light light black ink (from an Epson Pro wide format model) to substitute the grey.

I would say a custom ICC profile will bring the inks back into line should they differ greatly to the OEM ink colours but only time will tell.

I have an XP-15000 here and ready to test, we have been playing with the standard dye inks for now and have drained out some of the inks to be sent away for testing and to have 3rd party standard dye inks made to suit it.

We will use the standard OEM ink set when we come to try to match up a dye sub ink set in the coming months.

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 307111 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InkExpress For This Useful Post:

Justin (20-03-2018), pw66 (20-03-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Oh and the US / CA equivalent to the 1500W is actually the Epson Stylus Photo 1430 which I believe is still available as I looked at getting some to replace out depleting stocks of 1500W.

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

| 01902 307111 |

8. The Following User Says Thank You to InkExpress For This Useful Post:

Justin (20-03-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PoeNedge View Post
    The 1500W isn't available in Canada as far as I have seen. Thanks for the response.
    The 1500w is sold as the Artisan 1430 in North America. The only difference is that the drivers of the 1430 will use US paper sizes not ISO A, B and C sizes. ( Voltage might be different ).

From some of the US forums the 1430 has been discontinued, so grab one while you can.