Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

pisquee

Similar Threads

1. The Joy of Moving
    By jools in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2016, 03:58 PM
  2. Advice on moving business forward
    By Justin in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 29-08-2014, 05:10 PM
  3. Looking forward to contributing
    By gateway3d in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-09-2013, 03:48 PM
  4. Oven Success I want to hear YES!
    By JMugs in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 14-02-2013, 07:23 PM
  5. Moving Forward
    By Justin in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 20-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VB as a forum software is old and clunky. Newer software is smoother and more user friendly. However, any change here is a steep learning curve.

I've never paid for membership as never needed to, although the latest addition may make me change this.
    I perceive the discount codes etc as being a bit of a PITA. I read somewhere that you had to contact the supplier to get the discount, not a voucher code to put in on the website. They may not all be like this (or none at all), but I read it somewhere......

Do premium members have their own forum section to share and discuss openly and freely? If not, and the only major benefit is discounts with suppliers I don't use, then my £10 can be better spent elsewhere.

Reviews and opinions need to stay. The forum is good at self policing this. There was a thread recently by someone who's heat press hadn't turned up and they posted a 'whoa me' thread about it. Didn't take long for them to be put in their place. Haven't seen them about lately either.

My only quibble with some advertisers is how some jump onto threads with posts like 'we sell something very similar, its the XXX' that don't add anything to the conversation, and everyone just ignores them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    ^pisquee - Just trying a tagging mod, only just installed but wondered if this will do what you have suggested.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the forum as it is and found it really useful from day one. That's why I pay for the premium membership, to give a little back. I wouldn't pay £10 per month as pisquee mentioned, as I rarely use the discounts offered by the suppliers. A 'new' section might be good, but when I was new I read everything on the forum (took me ages) just to immerse myself and try to understand as much as I could. I still had some questions, and the members came up trumps with answers.

Even though the software is old, it works well for me and I can usually find what I'm looking for so I would urge not too much change.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to harlequeen For This Useful Post:

Justin (23-03-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    ^Drew - Many thanks for your comments. On a day to day basis VB works fine for us and is easily maintained. Again it's a 'if it aint broke' situation I guess. it works well for us at the moment.

Some suppliers do need you to call them up and quote the code which I completely agree is a PITA. I know a couple are looking to solve this.

Yes, Premium Members have a section that remains hidden until membership is applied. We're always looking at bringing in new suppliers for discounts so feel free to PM me the name of your supplier and we can have the conversation. Personally I feel £10 is nothing for the support that members get on here. Most questions are answered and solved very quickly. We don't insist on this being paid, the idea is that members are showing their support and in return we do our best to get them the tenner back as quickly as possible in discounts.

We do allow advertisers to respond to threads but monitor this closely as I agree it can become annoying.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Justin - as for the logo then I suggest a height of 70px (either resize or just alter html) which helps bring the content of the page up.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Tagging worked - I got a notification on email, and the site

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I thought you might be able to # within the comments section, not got this working yet, I used the tag section at the top.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not add a news page, were advertisers can announce any new products without needing to post on the forum, and any industry news can be displayed. Charge advertisers a few pounds for each post, so that they don't over do it, and post the news/interest stories for free. The UK sign forum has something similar on its landing page. https://www.uksignboards.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    Why not add a news page, were advertisers can announce any new products without needing to post on the forum, and any industry news can be displayed. Charge advertisers a few pounds for each post, so that they don't over do it, and post the news/interest stories for free. The UK sign forum has something similar on its landing page. https://www.uksignboards.com/
    Thats a good idea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Al suppliers have their own section to do this in the Supplier Forum.