Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Roland Versaworks /Roland Library Swatches
    By Focus1 in forum Printers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2017, 07:36 PM
  2. Versacam Users With White Ink Configuration
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24-11-2015, 09:56 PM
  3. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-05-2013, 09:34 PM
  4. refillable cartridge
    By scottmurray89 in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2013, 10:10 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Roland Versacam WHEN to change the cartridge?

Our SP300i says magenta low, - both through the rip and on the printer screen, but the cart still has some ink sloshing about in the bottom.

It has succcessfully printed a few metres in this condition, I am wondering how best to manage the cart change?
    I guess is is pretty serious to run dry, but there does still seem to be some sloshing about.

Any advice?
    Thanks
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do have an SP 300 though only in reserve nowadays as we use a 12 cartridge 1600 mm for our daily work. The cartridges will run for ages when they show the low warning.

If possible order up spares of the colours running low but wait until completely empty before changing. If your RIP is Roland Versaworks and the software is an up-to-date version it will calculate if it has enough ink to complete the job once the file is ripped. If it says not enough you can keep an eye on it while it runs out. When it does become empty it sounds an alarm every several seconds and you simply slot in the replacement and press "continue" on the RIP.

It won't mess up your print, it will just resume without fuss.

If you don't have a spare and need to finish a job try removing the cartridge, shaking from side to side slowly and re-insert it. There is probably enough to get you out of trouble.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StellaD For This Useful Post:

logobear (23-03-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Stella,
    perfect answer.
    I got full set of spare.
    I know the 300i is a bit long in the tooth, but we wanted to run ESL-3 inks as they have the reputation for longest life on garments, and that inkset is not available on newer machines.
    Thanks
    phil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove and gently tip a cartridge back and fourth, there is a little piece of plastic that you will see going in and out of the cartridge body at the front of the cartridge, that lets the machine know when it's ink has run out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Spoke with Roland tech today, confirmed fine to run until machine stops. wont harm.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My magenta 'ran out' today with machine beeping, so took it out, shook back and fourth then tipped towards input end so the plastic tang goes back in and it's using up the last of the ink in it. I'll replace it tomorrow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the past I have cut the little tab off, ordered more ink, that took 3days to land and was still printing fine
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. He who laughs last thinks slowest!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they err on the side of caution and quite a bit of ink is left and wasted