Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. No Colour Management Issue PS CC 2015
    By Phoenix in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-12-2016, 11:30 PM
  2. Colour changing mug issue
    By abacus1983 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20-11-2015, 02:27 PM
  3. Colour matching issue
    By Sbanks in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-12-2013, 08:21 PM
  4. How to fix this Colour issue ?
    By NikGrey in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 27-11-2013, 12:26 PM
  5. colour issue with printer
    By spike72 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 24-02-2013, 11:19 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slate Sublimation colour issue

Hi. Having an issue where my greys are coming out plum! Now a few things; I dont have a proper ICC profile - alex at inkexpress (where I buy my ink) has confirmed there's a problem ICC's on Windows 10 and photoshop cs3 and they don't work, so I'm printing using print settings. so that may well be the issue. However I print tees, chromaluxe panels and mugs and dont see the issue as bad so im unsure if its limited to the slate (coralgraph) or some other factor.

I'm using an epson 1500w, inktec inks, trupix paper, beta maxi press, set at 205c, min pressure (still quite hard to close so cant apply heavier pressure) for 420 secs. Actually very pleased how it came out and no paper sticking either, just the background colour is wrong.

I've attached a photo of the slate overlaid onto the original design in photoshop so you can see the difference. Any ideas anyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Are you using anything in-between the slate and the transfer?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing between slate and transfer no, though I do have a silicone sheet over the slate. So it was placed thus: lower platen, then slate, then transfer paper (wrapped and heat taped) then silicone sheet, then upper platen. I heated slate and silicone sheet for 1 minute first.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Do you mean a think silicone sheet or thicker rubbery type? I press for 500 secs and pre-heat for 2 mins but I do have a white sponge sheet in between.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a blue rubbery type, prob about 2mm thick. do you think it could be down to the heat (too much or too little) then Justin?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    OK that should be ok, this helps with even heat across the surface. I'd go up to 500 secs if I were you. I see you don't have a profile installed? I wouldn't bother looking at any other solutions until you have this in. You'll get away with a certain amount but will start to see more and more issues. Can you download a trial of latest version of Photoshop, install profile and test again? Just an idea. Otherwise maybe a months subscription.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

Joelmb (23-03-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a good plan, i'll try a trial. Thanks Justin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin. that seemed to work and resolve the grey issue partially but i think its certainly the ICC. Another issue i noticed on the next slate I did was in darker areas of the photo it looks cloudy, like the ink hasn't taken properly almost, didn't happen the first time. It's as if the slate isn't perfectly flat so transfer didnt take in those areas but i thought with the amount of pressure and using silicone mat wouldnt allow that? It wasnt the best quality slate mind, with little 'specs' missing from the polymer surface on a few places, so maybe the quality of the blank is the issue? was from coralgraph though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    My pad is a few mm thick which seems to help with any unevenness and the print goes over the edge well.

You will find a difference in slate quality as well. I personally favour Subli Supplies for mine.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

Joelmb (28-03-2018)