Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Textile Vinyl for Hen Shirts!
    By Stitch Up in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 22-09-2016, 10:48 AM
  2. Stag and Hen Pre made t-shirt Designs where do i Buy?
    By Print Imp in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 29-08-2013, 08:53 PM
  3. Quote for 10 stag do tees
    By dj_doubler in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-07-2011, 03:43 PM
  4. STAG and HEN Image GSD file
    By NASH in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    Its roughly the same price over here , even for the premium flex..
    With only about a £1/metre difference between the cheapest and premium vinyl you are only talking about 15 - 25p saving per shirt, for a large size print, way less for a logo. Unless you are doing a massive amount of single use shirts you have to ask the question if it is worth having £100 worth of cheaper vinyl sitting on the shelf just to save pennies per shirt.

I use mainly MDP Hot Flex for everything. Not because it is any better than anything else - purely so that I now that everything on the shelf has the same application time/temp and the same performance criteria.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    With only about a £1/metre difference between the cheapest and premium vinyl you are only talking about 15 - 25p saving per shirt, for a large size print, way less for a logo. Unless you are doing a massive amount of single use shirts you have to ask the question if it is worth having £100 worth of cheaper vinyl sitting on the shelf just to save pennies per shirt.

I use mainly MDP Hot Flex for everything. Not because it is any better than anything else - purely so that I now that everything on the shelf has the same application time/temp and the same performance criteria.
    I agree with you on that one. The only extra I carry is the higher temp washable vinyl for work clothing.
    I supply to a multi national firm who supply to other customers and I always use this vinyl as you never know how its going to be washed. I also supply a local attractions park ( Alton Towers type park) and they wash my stuff daily at 60C so it has to be good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    I agree with you on that one. The only extra I carry is the higher temp washable vinyl for work clothing.
    I supply to a multi national firm who supply to other customers and I always use this vinyl as you never know how its going to be washed. I also supply a local attractions park ( Alton Towers type park) and they wash my stuff daily at 60C so it has to be good.
    What is the higher temp washable vinyl? I could google but in a poor WiFi area and pages are taking an age to load on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mdp Hotflex says 80 degrees ( though I have never tried it at that temp). That is why I use it as my standard vinyl.
    Xpres do one that washes at 90, but only in sheets so wastage can be high.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post

I was hoping to see a greater price variation between cheap/expensive.

Thanks all.
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately not - it would be ideal for single use t-shirts if there were something at about £3/metre. The only way to cut costs is to be careful with the size when designing. If you can keep within 25 x 25 you can get 8 out ( per metre), or 25 x 20 you can get 10 out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use 123 Flex for hen and stag tshirts because of the time saved. It's a joy to shove a garment in for 3 seconds rather than pre heat then press for 16 seconds and re press lol such a boon when doing 20 or 30 at a time. The majority of my hens supply their own tshirts, they can buy them for £1.80 from Primark up the road and are nicer styles than Fruit of the Loom so I don't really mind. I find I can't 'up' the price of tshirts nowadays because of the cheap prices in Primark and online. It doesn't work here with tight fisted Fifers.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just got some samples from Target Transfers and they have a basic film for £3.50 per meter (if buying a roll) and it also states bulk discounts available.

Might be worth contacting them (I have an email address of a contact if you want one).

Can't say what the basic is like as I was getting samples of something else.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    Just got some samples from Target Transfers and they have a basic film for £3.50 per meter (if buying a roll) and it also states bulk discounts available.

Might be worth contacting them (I have an email address of a contact if you want one).

Can't say what the basic is like as I was getting samples of something else.
    That is probably as cheap as anything. Do you have to buy 25m per colour to get that price, or can you mix the colours?
    The only thing I couldn't live with is the cold peel.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is probably as cheap as anything. Do you have to buy 25m per colour to get that price, or can you mix the colours?
    The only thing I couldn't live with is the cold peel.
    I have no idea, I don't purchase that much vinyl as its not my field, I do dabble though :-)

I can not answer anything about this vinyl, but to be fair, Target are a very reputable company. I am sure that like all decent companies, they will do a deal if there is enough being purchased. I agree with you about the cold peel depending on what the peel is like. Hot peel is very easy, quick and smooth, if it was like that then it wouldn't bother me.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...