Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Outsourcing vinyl orders
    By homerismyidol in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-11-2014, 10:51 PM
  2. outsourcing embroidery what format?
    By Dave271069 in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-12-2012, 02:22 PM
  3. Embroidery outsourcing...
    By acetees in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 06:15 PM
  4. Outsourcing printing
    By Jen in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14-10-2012, 11:23 AM
  5. Digitising outsourcing
    By Louise in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-01-2011, 07:46 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Outsourcing work - Upwork etc.

Just interested to hear peoples opinions and experiences on Upwork, Freelancer etc.

I started using these services when I needed to update a Shopify site. When you have hundreds of items to edit/re-configure it's very time consuming. I had someone on Upwork go through a large number of listings and make amendments, only charging $50 so it wasn't worth the hours/days it would have taken me, better to use the time for something else. I appreciate sometimes they can download products in mass and edit in a spreadsheet so it's not too bad but often it can still take them some time.

I had someone else go through my Etsy shop and add variants to products. Etsy removed their mass edit facility and this now take forever to do. Again he charged around $50 so a bargain in my eyes.

So far so good? I'm always a bit dubious over giving access to my data but feel I have at least some trace-ability through these sites, still unsure though.

One of the folk that I hired for a small job has badgered me for work ever since. I asked him to leave me alone at one stage and he did...but now he's back! lol.

I hired someone last week, the brief was to go through around 400 products, makes a slight alteration to descriptions and add a couple of variants. Happy to do this for $70 (I guess in his country this is a good price) Friday comes, no changes so I chase him, here come the excuses. I'll get done over the weekend. This morning, I'll get all done today. Now he sends me an aggressive message saying it's a lot of work for such little money! He knew exactly what was being asked and accepted the job for the money.

I do find in most instances that the people on these sites get very aggressive very quickly. I started to wonder if it was me asking too much from them but they often set the price themselves and accept the job. I guess once they start they realise they've made a mistake!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use Vela for quickly editing Etsy and Shopify. Works like a dream and is quick. Free too.

http://getvela.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbleimages For This Useful Post:

Maidiniceland (28-03-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that, never used that site so I'll take a look, cheers.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Oh hang on, yes I have seen this before and have an account......looking again now!

Vela does seem good but unless I'm missing something you still have to edit each individual item? Easier because they're in a list though.

edit: my apologies, I can see that mass updating is possible.....
    Last edited by Justin; 26-03-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bulk upload tools all the way. Unless it's code work i'll do it myself.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Technick, is there a bulk upload tool around for Etsy?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vela is the most popular for Etsy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't use Etsy, but For product uploads in bulk - https://support.solidcommerce.com/hc...-a-Spreadsheet looks like an option if it still works

10. The Following User Says Thank You to technick For This Useful Post:

Maidiniceland (28-03-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing to keep in mind with outsourcing someone to do edits on etsy for you is that they will get linked to your etsy account so if they have or will in the future log into a shop that gets blocked for copyright issues or non-payment of fees etsy will automatically close all related shops, including yours and going by people that have had it happen to them etsy will not discuss this any further with them even if they prove they have no connection.