Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. PPD Live 2018 - was Trade Only Show
    By arthur.daley in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-11-2019, 12:55 PM
  2. DSF Gatherings at Printwear & Sign & Digital 2018
    By Listawood in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-04-2018, 09:25 AM
  3. Dye Sublimation Supplies demo day Glasgow 2018
    By johna1954 in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28-01-2018, 09:43 AM
  4. Hotels for Print & promo 2018
    By logobear in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 21-01-2018, 04:05 PM
  5. Trade Only Show 25th-26th January - anyone going?
    By AdamB in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 27-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    has anyone produced their 1 page 'report' yet?
    Might you share it?
    thanks
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll second that logobear as I have absolutely no idea about what I should be doing. As I really have no interest in it, shame on me, I can't get my head around it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used the templates I posted further up. It is important that you show that you are doing things - even if you have been doing them for years.

1)I use a daily post sheet where everything I post out is recorded, for Ebay Proof of Postage, and my own website. I have now put a password on my excel spreadsheets that I keep my daily post records on as they contain customers postage details. The printed copy which the post office stamp everyday, I am now scanning into the computer every day and shredding the original - so there are no lose sheets of paper around (ball ache to do everyday but cest la vie) I will be deleting them every 3 months.

2) Any downloads I make from Paypal to look at payments on a CSV file to add into my accounts package, I delete from the downloads file.

3) Any downloads ie:invoices, I delete from the downloads once they have been printed for customers orders.

4) Payment providers ie: Paypal and Ecwid I have followed thier reccommendations.

5) I have checked through my "downloads" folder and removed anything that shows any data on it from customers - these were old downloads that were not needed anyway but tend to lurk in folders.

6) My previous years PDF files of all invoices from my website sales are now password protected.

7) My whole computer is (and has always been) password protected and settings changed to make sure that in "admin mode" the files cannot be accessed unless passwords used. Vital if as has happened to several ministers your computer/laptop is stolen.

8) All memory sticks have been checked to make sure no rougue customer orders/invoices/details are on them.

9) All of my email is accessed via cloud only, I have no desktop notifications or storage of emails - this is important if you receive payments from customers, as you will have their data shown. If you use desktop you have to show how you keep that information secure from other people seeing / being able to access it.

That is as much information as I have covered at the moment, I have no doubt that as smaller businesses/hobby people will be easier to target there will be some examples fined and held up as warnings to us all, and I do not want to be one of them.
    Last edited by mrs maggot; 19-04-2018 at 08:41 AM.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mrs Maggot - re 1 above. Why scan them when you can just lock them in a filing cabinet. Less chance of them being accessed in your filing cabinet than on your computer. To get to your filing cabinet, a burglar has to break into your building, possibly set off an alarm, possibly be seen on CCTV and then find the filing cabinet in a building they are not familiar with. Then they have to open the cabinet.

The more you put on a computer the more risk you have of the data being stolen and sold. The architecture of a computer disk is almost the same from machine to machine, so easy to know where data is located.

Even once you delete something on a hard drive sometimes it can still be read.

Paper is the best format hands down. Once it is shredded it is very hard to be read again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    How's everyone getting on with this? Some very useful info from Mrs. Maggot there, thank you Laura.

A lot of folk seem to be struggling with how far they they need to go with this as a small company, one man band etc.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not getting on very well. I am no good at doing things that I have zero interest in lol I don't get orders over my website so thinking of getting an extension to make it catalogue only. My customers are all local and pay by cash or bank transfer I simply note the amount in an excel file with what they got done and no names mentioned, only note stating whether phone, email or facebook.

My official notes so far are as follows tada tada

Orders on facebook - Facebook is password protected

Mobile/Text Orders - nothing saved under customer name, saved until order finished as eg. 18 henprints red vinyl.
    Phone is password protected.

Email orders - emails remain on desktop email system which is password protected.

Payment by bank transfer - Bank accounts password protected.

Actually might change it and just add password to the pc as I have invoices on pc for businesses so I suppose I better keep those protected in case I have a break in and someone steals my crappy pc and discovers a few business names which they could easily find in the phone book.

That's it for me. I thought I'd post mine so others can feel really good about theirs haha

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I got our privacy statement onto Etsy yesterday, I assume we have to do the same on NOTHS but can't find where to put that yet!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    NOTHS CMS
    Settings>Edit My Storefront (Blue box at bottom of page)
    "Need to know" tab across top
    "Terms Info" box - you only have 1000 words here though

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tim, 1000 words doesn't go far with these terms! HAHA cheers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brain cell just farted